I have an 8330. When I get an incoming email the message shows up in my Email and in my Messages. I don't get an audio alert for either. When I get an SMS in my Messages I get my audio alert.

Is there a way to stop my emails from going to both places?

Thanks in advance.
    05-18-09 06:12 PM
    What setting do you have your mail set up as? go to messages then options then see what it says under general options for sms and email inboxes.

Also, do you have emails set up to have an alert in the profile thats active? may want to double check that.
    05-18-09 06:14 PM
    You can create separate folders instead on combined....see above directions. If you go into your profile you should see an option for audio alerts for email as well as sms, and other messages
    05-18-09 06:19 PM
    I'm chiming in too, if you're using a holster for the device, make sure you set the in / out of holster setting as well. You will only need to do this with a holster that has a magnet in it. The BlackBerry senses the magnet and goes into standby mode automatically. This saves battery life, you will still receive calls, emails. SMS, etc. on time as usual...
    05-18-09 06:23 PM
    I'm chiming in too, if you're using a holster for the device, make sure you set the in / out of holster setting as well. You will only need to do this with a holster that has a magnet in it. The BlackBerry senses the magnet and goes into standby mode automatically. This saves battery life, you will still receive calls, emails. SMS, etc. on time as usual...
    very true, didnt think of that, since i dont use one anymore! woops!
    05-18-09 06:23 PM
    SMS and Email are set as Separate. Alerts are turned on.
    05-18-09 06:24 PM
    have ya given your BB one of the ole battery pull tricks lately?
    05-18-09 06:25 PM
    Go to Profiles >scroll down to Advanced >Hit menu >Edit. You can change all alerts there...
    05-18-09 06:26 PM
    Thanks Everyone!!! I got it sorted out with your help.
    05-18-09 06:42 PM
    Glad you got it...
    05-18-09 06:50 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD