Has anyone ever had this happen? Or heard it I guess I should say?

I just got done making, maybe 3 or 4 phone calls and then when I hung up the last one, my BB (VZW 8330) just started making this very annoying sound (sort of like a dial-tone on a landline). I pulled the battery and all is well, but does anyone have any idea what would cause this?
    06-04-08 05:07 PM
    Never heard of anything like that before.
    06-04-08 05:24 PM
    Was the berry near anything with speakers? PC, laptop, alarm clock, etc?
    06-04-08 05:26 PM
    Nope, it was in my pocket and I was walking down the street. Nothing out of the ordinary.
    06-05-08 11:47 AM
    Thats nothin!

Mine will turn on my electric shaver if the BB
    gets within maybe 6 inches.

No BS

!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    06-05-08 08:01 PM
    hahaha omg bukzin, that's hilarious!
    06-07-08 01:54 PM
    never heard of something like that. maybe you should call customer service or take it to the store and see what they say about it.
    06-07-08 01:56 PM
    OK, were you using bluetooth?

You said you just hung up and it started making the noise.

In your next post down you stated it was in your pocket and it started making noise.

Did you hang up and it started making the noise or did you hang up, put it in your pocket and then after awhile it started making noise.

I'm not trying to be a smart A$$. I'm just looking for a time frame, from the time you hung up to the time the noise started coming out.

Maybe it was in your pocket and a button was pushed. Maybe the bluetooth was disconnected and it alerted you somehow.

msblueline

Nope, it was in my pocket and I was walking down the street. Nothing out of the ordinary.
    06-07-08 02:27 PM
    What happened was whether you realize it or not it was not hung up or dialed out and the call was dropped. I have VZW as well and when a called gets dropped it will do that same thing. No worries.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    06-07-08 03:46 PM
    Thats nothin!

Mine will turn on my electric shaver if the BB
    gets within maybe 6 inches.

No BS

!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    I see you have AT&T. That's an interesting phenomenon about GSM. Huge interference and EM field. Same with iDen. When I had Nextel, I could put my phone alongside a GFI (Ground-Fault Interrupt) circuit, the outlets with the buttons on them, and the field the Nextel generated would trip the circuit. I've never heard of any permanent damage being done to other electronic devices because of this, but it is the culprit behind why cell phones were banned from hospitals and airplanes, as TDMA was prevalent during the first cell phone decade. CDMA doesn't cause such overt interference, and if you've noticed, cell phones are being allowed back into hospitals (hallways, lounges, etc.)

I may not be 100% correct, but it's my understanding.
    06-07-08 04:18 PM
    Mine makes a quick dial on speaker when I press "1" to go to Voicemail. Is that what you're talking about? It would go 'bleep bleep bleep bleep" Kinda like dialing but 10x faster. Is this what you're hearing?
    06-08-08 05:04 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD