has anyone ever experience a Call Failed and Radio Path Unavailable during excellent signal strength? or, a call gets dropped even with 4-5 bars? how about calling someone then as soon as the call gets picked up, the call dropps or disconnects (same goes when receiving a call)? how about calling someone and u hear nothing and the other person doesn't hear u either? or, when u call someone and the person's phone on the other end is not ringing, although it's ringing inside ur phone.

the weirdest is probably this: the mobile network gets/turns itself off.

TMO is my carrier. been having these disruptions since 08/25/09 to present day. network goes from EDGE to GSM to EDGE to GSM to edge to EDGE to GSM, etc. etc. suprisingly, the above problems effects UMA and or uma as well.

thoughts? causes? yeah, i've contacted TMO's support 3 times (2 live chats, and 1 call).

tia

i have 8320 with 4.5 OS (one from TMO's site)
    Last edited by tmoua024; 09-02-09 at 06:21 PM.
    09-02-09 06:17 PM
    Have you checked T-MO's coverage map?
    Have you tried to toggle your network connections on then off?
    Are you asking T-MO's Tech support about your coverage issues properly?
    Other then that I'm not to sure on what's going on, besides you might be in an area with very weak signal strength.

Thnx, �Tripster�

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    09-02-09 09:57 PM
    Try a battery pull when you get the cycling network indicator. Pull the battery with the power on, wait 30 seconds, reinstall battery.

Have they sent service books to your BB?

09-02-09 10:28 PM
    @ tripster: according to TMO i'm in the good signal range -- probably a 4 - 5 bar range. before 08/25 it's been 4-5 bar at my house consistently.

@ xliderider: hmmm...never thought of a battery pull during network cycling...i'll try that. and, about the service books, i'm sure that was sent when i got a new sim card...i was thinking about that too.

thanks you two.
    09-03-09 11:50 AM
    I had a 8300 that done that a couple of years ago. And to add to what you're saying, it would say radio path not available but I could send sms texts!! If I remember correctly, I wiped the phone and installed the (new at the time) OS from my carrier and that fixed it.

09-03-09 12:42 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD