i recently downloaded 2 apps onto my 8330 and i can't find the icons but they're listed as being there on my list of applications. the first was Sprint TV, that i loaded straight from the semi-preloaded software from Sprint. it seemed to download and install fine, but when i went back to try it out, the icon was no longer there, anywhere, and i said to "show all" to see if it was just hiding on me. the second one was "Chuzzle" that i downloaded (and paid for) through app world. again it downloaded and installed fine, i even got to play it for a while by hitting "run" at the end of the process, but when i went back later there was no way to access it through app world.

i've tried everything i can think of to find them (including the battery pull), but the icons for these apps are MIA. does anyone know if there is a way for me to fix this problem?
    02-03-10 11:21 AM
    I don't know what is causing your problem, and AppWorld does not work for me at all

What I do know is that some icons will not appear if the corresponding Service Book is not installed.

Go to Settings > Advanced > Service Books and write down what is currently installed. Then reinstall the apps and record any changes. If the apps disapear again, take another look and compare your lists.

I have a suspicion that carriers (or RIM) are deleting service books on customer handhelds using the BIS connection*. This appears to be a response to using third party services. I have come to this conclusion after I deleted unwanted RIM service books and those Service Books were somehow reinstalled without my request!

Does anyone know how to lock Service Books locally, or make them read-only, to prevent remote administration?

* I have noticed that BIS can be initiated server-side even if its not available client-side. I feel molested.
    Last edited by flop; 02-03-10 at 11:43 AM.
    02-03-10 11:29 AM
    If its that complicated, I may have to go to the sprint store. Espically because to reinstall Chuzzle I'd have to but it again.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    02-03-10 07:16 PM
    i recently downloaded 2 apps onto my 8330 and i can't find the icons but they're listed as being there on my list of applications. the first was Sprint TV, that i loaded straight from the semi-preloaded software from Sprint. it seemed to download and install fine, but when i went back to try it out, the icon was no longer there, anywhere, and i said to "show all" to see if it was just hiding on me. the second one was "Chuzzle" that i downloaded (and paid for) through app world. again it downloaded and installed fine, i even got to play it for a while by hitting "run" at the end of the process, but when i went back later there was no way to access it through app world.

i've tried everything i can think of to find them (including the battery pull), but the icons for these apps are MIA. does anyone know if there is a way for me to fix this problem?
    What OS are you running, sometimes you may need to check different icons, did you possibly check the entertainment icon, sometimes it maybe located there, along with the sprint music store app. just saying, you may have checked all over already.
    02-03-10 07:42 PM
    I checked all the normal things right off. Somehow the problem got worse. Most of the apps I had dissapeared.

I took it to the store, and after more then an hour on the phone the Sprint guy and the RIM tech guy decided it was probably a hardware issue. So I'm getting a new phone soon.

Thank you for the help!

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    02-04-10 07:34 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD