Go into the bb's options and enable media card and all pics, songs and ring tones will go directly there as opposed to the internal memory?
    01-30-09 12:21 PM
    This is true. In order not to have overflow go into your internal memory when you reach your card limit, go to Media>Options and change "Reserved Picture Memory" to zero.
    01-30-09 12:29 PM
    This is true. In order not to have overflow go into your internal memory when you reach your card limit, go to Media>Options and change "Reserved Picture Memory" to zero.
    I'm getting a 8gig card so I don't think that will be a problem... I just want to set the phone up initially, so that everything that can go to a media card will go to a media card and not the internal memory.. Is there a way to do that?
    01-30-09 12:36 PM
    When mass media mode is enabled, your computer will see the contents of the media card as a removable drive. Everything copies to the media card.

In fact, you can not copy to the device memory from your computer.

The setting robcourt suggested frees up memory that is no longer needed after you install a media card. Well work making sure the settings are updated.

Media / Options. Set Reserved Picture Memory to 0 Mb.
    Last edited by Reed McLay; 01-30-09 at 12:43 PM.
    01-30-09 12:40 PM
    When mass media mode is enabled, your computer will see the contents of the media card as a removable drive. Everything copies to the media card.

The setting robcourt suggested frees up memory that is no longer needed after you install a media card. Well work making sure the settings are updated.

So, in my case, I would have to enable mass media card and reserve memory to pics to 0 AND reserve memory to ringtones to 0, and reserve memory to 0 for songs

Basically, I just want to bypass the internal memory in one shot (somgs, tones and pics)... Pics I take, songs, and ringtones ALL go to the card...
    01-30-09 01:03 PM

I just want to take a picture with my bb and in doing so, the pic I take is directed to the media card and not the internal memory.. Thats all I want.
    01-30-09 01:42 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD