I am sure that I have read in here that CDMA use less memory than GSM phones, but I consistently am running between 13 mil and 18 mil bytes in free memory. When I reboot it usually resets to somewhere around 23 mil bytes. I have no loaded or pre-loaded pix, or music and nothing other than the pre-loaded sounds, ring tones, etc. I have ESPN, Google Maps, Aerize alerts, OZ im, DOCS to go (standard version), Yellow pages, WeatherEye, a couple of games and a couple of themes. I usually clear my Event log and call log every couple of days. Is this normal or do I actually have too much on my BB? Thanks.
    11-13-08 11:19 AM
    Your memory use sounds perfectly normal. You have plenty of margin and should not see any problems related to low memory. What is the cause of your concern? I don't see any problem in anything you described.
    11-13-08 11:31 AM
    are you closing out apps by hitting the menu button then scrolling down to close ?
    11-13-08 11:31 AM
    Thanks for the prompt responses. No problems as of yet, I was just wondering when or if I should be concerned. Yes, I do try and close out all my apps when I am not using. Had an issue with my last two OS downloads and using media, but I transferred everything off of card to PC and tried to format card (which it failed to do). I am now in the process of transferring files back to BB and so far have not encountered any problems. Thanks again.
    11-13-08 12:30 PM
    You could also try to do a memory op. The link is in my sig.

I hope this helps.
    11-13-08 02:20 PM
    I had this problem last night...only my phone froze up for like 3 mins...I just went to my i-net and cleared out my history...it automatically goes into "Cleaning Memory" mode and now it's works great, just like b4
    11-13-08 03:11 PM
    If you read BlackBerry 101 How-To Lecture Series | CrackBerry.com there is a section specifically for freeing up memory and removing apps and things you don't use (i.e. It tells how to remove the Help app once you've learned your BB). I free'd up 18,xxx,xxx by removing Facebook and Pocket Express.
    11-13-08 04:52 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD