I will be getting my BB Curve 8330 tomorrow.. But after reading these forums the last couple of days, and finally joining crackberry, it seems like this curve and all the information throughout these threads are overwhelming (mind overload) is that normal to think this way? I will be getting it through US cell and I have the 30 day try thing.... Just right now it seems intimidating..

Thanks
    when i was in college(1981 PSU, computer programs were done on punch cards u kno fortran cobal ,had a stack of card almost 24 inches for a program to generate a random number) if someone had told me that i would have a phone, that had more computing power than a pc fron then and more than the first space mission, that was smaller than a deck of cards and could be pretty much used anywhere and couls access the internet( had no idea information would so easily be avail) i would have laughd and told them they were crazy. enjoy the experience
    01-24-09 09:22 AM
    Vortec...I know it seems overwhelming but as everyone else says, just play with it, and use the forums when you have questions or problems. The best thing I did when I got my Curve about 6 wks ago was to do the Crackberry 101 newbie series. That really taught me a lot of basic stuff and a few tricks...and explained a lot of the "lingo" (like the difference between BES & BIS). Start there, and let the fun begin! Enjoy your new toy!
    01-24-09 12:40 PM
    I can't agree with everyone else. The curve sucks! Don't get one. It's a waste of time and money! Wow, that was really fun!

Now to be completely serious, get one and get it quick! What have you been waiting for??? I mean, I honestly don't know what I did without mine. I started with a windows mobile PDA about 3 years ago. After using it, I wanted a Smart phone and I thought a Blackberry would be hard to get used to. Man was I wrong. I have friends with Moto Q's and HTC's and I must say I am so much better off. Surf the web, get email, chat with friends, send texts, and of course make phone calls. All easier on the Curve! Now don't delay get it and whenever a question comes up, just come to your friends here on Crackberry!!
    01-24-09 02:48 PM
    i was intimidated at first but now its addicting
    01-24-09 02:53 PM
    I don't have the Curve yet, still debating a bit before I get one.. But the more I read the forums the more frustrating it gets.. Don't get me wrong, there is a wealth of knowledge on these boards...

The more I read about upgrading your OS, gmail duplicate emails, key board shortcuts, battery pulls, sleep mode, cases with magnets, holster, not holstered, it has gotton to the point where I don't know what case to get.... They all have issues the list goes on and on. I'm pulling my hair trying to remember all this stuff.... I'm still thinking on getting one, but the information on these boards are blowing me away.. That's a good thing as these forums are great
    Last edited by Vortec 5.3; 01-27-09 at 02:49 PM.
    01-27-09 02:45 PM
    I don't have too long! The curve is restarting, so this is going to have to be brief. DO NOT GET A CURVE IT WILL CONSUME YOUR LIFE!!! Oh no IT HEARD ME!!!!!!!!!!!!.........

Nah, the curve is a great phone. I fall even more in love with it everytime I buy a kick *** app for it. Like right now, it's JabpLite! w00t!!
    01-27-09 03:55 PM
    Totally normal.

Your new Curve will have a lot of capabilities... just take them when they come. When you need to learn how to configure something or properly perform a particular task, then come here n we'll help you out. No need to over-whelm yourself. A new BlackBerry should be a fun, exciting experience devoid of frustration... so just relax and enjoy it

Congratulations on your new Curve!
    01-27-09 04:22 PM
    You will absolutely be addicted. I don't know how I ever did it without my Blackberry Curve. I have only had mine 5 days and it has actually been the easiest phone to set up and use that I have ever owned. Of course, you have to read some and play with it a little, but it will all fall in place real quick.
    01-27-09 04:23 PM
    Don't worry...it gets better with time
    01-27-09 04:49 PM
    dont worry the curve is amazing and if u ever need help or experience a problem the forums will help you because this community is full of geniouses and generous people
    01-27-09 05:18 PM
    You will be officially addicted once it's in your hands.
    01-27-09 06:56 PM
    Everyyone gets acustomed at different lengths of time, it'll be fine

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    01-27-09 06:59 PM
    its normal i was was intimidated as **** when i first got mine i didnt know how to use the thing for anything..
    01-27-09 07:38 PM
    welcome to our insanity!!!
    01-27-09 07:41 PM
    Welcome you will wonder why you waited so long to get a blackberry!!!
    01-27-09 07:57 PM
    Im almost a newbie, only have mine for 6 months or so... but u will fall in love with it right away, I know I did =) ... and in doubt make a search here you will probably find help or someone who will be whiling to help u. good luck!
    01-27-09 08:03 PM
    I just got my blackberry curve 8330 yesterday and it may seem overwhelming, but it really is quite simple. It's really easy to learn and it comes from tje great reliability of blackberry.

I'm pretty tech saavy myself, but I know some people who aren't and they operate there's fine

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    01-27-09 09:07 PM
    Like the others have said, just read here and play. You'll be addicted to the machine soon enough!

Enjoy and welcome!
    01-27-09 09:31 PM
43 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD