I will be getting my BB Curve 8330 tomorrow.. But after reading these forums the last couple of days, and finally joining crackberry, it seems like this curve and all the information throughout these threads are overwhelming (mind overload) is that normal to think this way? I will be getting it through US cell and I have the 30 day try thing.... Just right now it seems intimidating..

Thanks
    01-23-09 05:21 PM
    Its normal. You will love your curve..

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    01-23-09 05:24 PM
    Don't worry, you'll get the hang of it! Nothing to be afraid of. The curve is a great little device.

01-23-09 05:28 PM
    Don't worry. Just use the site for information, not as a scare tactic. I have had 1 problem with my curve and it was my error. Just use the device and when a problem arises, search the answer for it!

There's thousands of negative posts, its easy too get scared but you got a great device, have no fear.

01-23-09 05:31 PM
    It seems like a lot at first, but just take one thing at a time, learn what you usually do eveyday, add contacts, dial a #, txt, e-mail, install a theme and app etc... then once you have the basics you can build upon then and become like us, addicted.
    01-23-09 05:32 PM
    Welcome! You will love your Curve. Take the time to go thru all the NEWBIE stuff on Crackberry...is at the top. It should help you avoid alot of newbie issues.
    Have fun!
    01-23-09 05:35 PM
    I really do appreciate the positive comments...
    01-23-09 05:36 PM
    Don't worry, you'll love it! I know we do. We have had our Curve for a month and yes it is overwhelming, but it is an amazing phone.

JD

01-23-09 07:44 PM
    No worries. I was a little overwhelmed when I first got mine but just a few hours in I was already comfortable. Now I can do most things just by memory. A site like this for me is about learning and keeping up with any new updates, issues or applications to make life with your blackberry more fun. You will be fine and love it. Your off to a good start as is, you are here. These folks are fantastic......
    01-23-09 07:48 PM
    I will be getting my BB Curve 8330 tomorrow.. But after reading these forums the last couple of days, and finally joining crackberry, it seems like this curve and all the information throughout these threads are overwhelming (mind overload) is that normal to think this way? I will be getting it through US cell and I have the 30 day try thing.... Just right now it seems intimidating..

Thanks
    It can be a lil overwhelming but you will make it just all the rest of us.
    01-23-09 07:53 PM
    Everything you could ever want to know is in these forums and you can also ask questions. You will be fine don't worry. Welcome to CB.

Here's the cool thing... you will learn a bit here and there, and then find yourself teaching the same tricks and tips to others on the forum. That's how I started leaping into really understanding how to use my curve.

It's an awesome device, and in no time you will be addicted just like the rest of us. Relax, take is one step at a time, read the forums, share your excitement, and... enjoy!
    it can be overwhelming at first but you will love your curve.

01-23-09 07:54 PM
    you picked a great device, you will love it, like all phones, it just takes a little time to get used to. Good Luck!!!!!!
    01-23-09 08:20 PM
    V...I too thought the curve was too much phone for me; I spent many hours playing with it and when I was ready to throw in the towel I logged on to CB. I still have some things I can't do yet....but I know rhere are great minds on this site who have the answers and Ikeep plugging away. My phone is NEVER far from me. I use it for keeping up on email as they are sent to my PC and my BB; this way I'm caught up on correspondence before I evev get home from my clinic. Get the phone and "get out there".......

01-23-09 08:33 PM
    no f everyone else... be afraid, this little piece of plastic will kill you in your sleep.
    01-23-09 08:35 PM
    this is the phone that keeps on giving. the info on here can make it seem overwhelming but once you pick it up its so simply that everything comes natural. i played with an 8320 instore at a best buy while eagerly awaiting the 8330 (my very first bb) and when mine finally arrived i felt very comfortable only after a few minutes with it. i feel i know how to do almost anything on mine and i have never opened a manual any problems just do a search. the more you play with it the more you will be amazed at how much it can do. i still find stuff out today after having mine since last march
    01-23-09 10:36 PM
    You're going to be fine.. just take a deep breath. I've had mine since the end of December and I love it. This is my first BB and soon you will know the answers to the questions that are showing up in these threads! Go thru the Newbies section and you'll have a blast with it. Mine is permanently attached to me! Or so my husband says!

Welcome to Crackberry Nation my friend.
    01-23-09 10:40 PM
    this is the phone that keeps on giving. the info on here can make it seem overwhelming but once you pick it up its so simply that everything comes natural. i played with an 8320 instore at a best buy while eagerly awaiting the 8330 (my very first bb) and when mine finally arrived i felt very comfortable only after a few minutes with it. i feel i know how to do almost anything on mine and i have never opened a manual any problems just do a search. the more you play with it the more you will be amazed at how much it can do. i still find stuff out today after having mine since last march
    There's a manual? This thing came with a manual? I just took it out of that box and started playing!
    01-23-09 10:41 PM
    You will absolutely love your Curve! The Curve 8320 was my first Blackberry and I have only been a member here for a few weeks. There is a wealth of info here and the search function will be your friend. Your BB will be like your PC... It is harder to screw it up than it seems at first.

The people here are great and you will feel at home in no time at all. So breathe and start your BB journey anxiety free!

Welcome to Crackberry!

01-23-09 10:58 PM
    When I first got into my smartphone, I did windows mobile because I thought a blackberry was too much. then I got my blackberry....I couldn't have been more wrong.

You will get used to it in no time at all. Its the best phone I've ever had; I think you will really like it
    01-23-09 11:14 PM
    I felt the same way and was really nervous about doing some of the basics. I love my curve BUT love crackberry MORE.

Bit of advice...don't always take the first answer you see posted. Do your research and learn who's opinions or facts you can trust.

This community is great!

01-23-09 11:34 PM
    It actually is a lot to deal with, especially if you're coming from never having owned a smartphone before. But that's the fun part IMO. I've had my BB for almost a month now and I'm still messing around with it 24/7.
    01-24-09 05:58 AM
    When I bought mine, I thought the same thing. The sales lady said to wait 1 week before returning it, to give it at least a week!! After 2 days I wanted to bring it back, then after 4 days--I love it. So give it some time! You will love it.
    01-24-09 07:32 AM
    There has been some great advice but as a relative beginner here I would recommend two things to do in the very beginning. First, set up your DM (desktop manager) on your PC and make sure you're upgraded to v 4.6 without media manager. This is the version that most of the pros on this site recommend. Once this is set up, back up your Curve using the DM. Next, go to the stickys at the beginning of the 83xx forum and find the one that gives you the link for the lastest OS (operating systern) for your carrier and BB. If your phone did not come loaded with the latest OS go ahead and follow the instructions and load it. When successful, run back up again. Now you're ready to really have some fun with this awesome device!

01-24-09 09:09 AM
43 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD