I have a Blackberry Curve 8130, and a Pearl 8110. I've been using the Pearl, and just recently switched back over to my Curve. I did it because, as awesome a phone as the Pearl is, I was wearing the crap out of it, and decided to give it a break for a bit.

One of my favorite apps is QuickLaunch, and one of the reasons is the "Device Info" application I can add to the list to check the status of my device - battery strength, available space, pin, etc. I don't know what is considered a good amount of free space, but on my Pearl is usually hovered around 20MB, but here on my Curve it's stuck at around 6-8 MB, and that just seems outrageous to me. And I honestly can't figure it out - I actually have less apps and themes on the Curve than I do on my Pearl. Is there something I'm missing that is draining all my memory? QuickPull doesn't seem to be bumping it up much, either.

So if there's something I'm missing, I'd appreciate the help. I was under the impression that the Curve had more onboard memory than the Pearl? Thanks in advance for any help!!
    09-08-09 07:53 PM
    I think the Pearl and the 8310 have the same amount of memory. The 8330 and 8350 (i think) Curve models are the ones that have the larger memory. Maybe it has something do with the OS from one to the other?
    09-08-09 08:43 PM
    Try using DM and unloading all the apps then loading them one by one. Could have an app with a memory leak.
    09-09-09 07:25 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD