So just the other day my keyboard functions changed in a really strange way and I want to change it back but dont know how.

I used to be able to hold the alt button down and hit buttons to get the alt characters.

now I have to click alt (press and let go) and then I can hit a alt character.

I want to be able to hold it and not click it.

Anyone have this problem before??

Thanks!!!
    02-16-09 11:32 AM
    Not sure exactly what you mean but when i just clik alt then hit a button i get the symbol key and alt goes away and i type regular letters... or if i hold alt down and type i get all alt symbols.. or even better if i hit alt+Shift then alt stays locked open and i type in symbols...

Not sure if that helps or not... maybe you have a different issue.
    02-17-09 07:15 AM
    Awesome. I'm ashamed to say I hadn't figured out the number lock method yet. Thanks for the info!!

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    02-17-09 10:42 AM
    When I use my Curve I use the following procedure to get to numbers, caps, etc.:

1. Click ALT & Left Shift Key and numbers and alternate keys will be enabled.
    2. Click ALT & Right Shift Key and Caps will be locked so that all Caps are entered.
    3. When entering text if you wish to have a capital letter on the word hold down the key that enteres the letter for a short time and the letter will change from lower case to upper case. This saves having to go to the shift key to change from lower to upper case.
    02-17-09 10:55 AM
    clowndoggy:

i know exactly what you're talking about. i realize that you can alt+shift to lock in the alt characters but i too used to just hold down the alt button while entering numbers. now, all of a sudden and out of the blue, when i hold the alt button i have to release it to enter a number, then hit alt again.

i must have hit something on my keypad to change this.

any idea how to get it back to the way it was, allowing me to hold the alt button down and enter numbers?

thanks.
    04-17-09 09:23 PM
    well, i don't know what i did but now it's not doing it.

i was looking at another thread somewhere. it talked about alt+caps or caps+alt. i was clicking all over the place and now it's back to the way it was before, which is what i like.

oh well.
    04-17-09 09:32 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD