When I hold ALT + Back button the application Icons it shows are as follows:

Push to talk, BB Messenger, Browser, Messages, Call Log & Home Screen.

My question is can I add or delete the apps that come up when I hold ALT + Back button?

I apologize in advance if this topic has already been broached.

TIA,

V
    06-23-09 08:37 PM
    Only apps that are currently running will show up in that popup.
    06-23-09 08:38 PM
    BBM, Browser,Home,Phone, and Messages are the five that you cant end in that list. If you have more than these in that list, it means the other apps are running in the background. You should close those apps by selecting them then hitting menu key then select close.
    06-23-09 08:40 PM
    Only apps that are currently running will show up in that popup.
    I've never used Push to Talk, so why would that be running? and is the message folder consider an app that is actually running?
    06-23-09 08:41 PM
    I've never used Push to Talk, so why would that be running? and is the message folder consider an app that is actually running?
    There are certain apps, including the ones rlp mentioned, that always stay opened. I think PTT is one of those on an AT&T Curve.
    06-23-09 08:42 PM
    Oh yea, DUH, PTT does makes sense..lol Thanks for pointing that out savio.
    06-23-09 08:44 PM
    I've never bothered to initialize PTT, And yes it is an ATT&T Curve so how can it be running?
    06-23-09 08:44 PM
    I've never bothered to initialize PTT, And yes it is an ATT&T Curve so how can it be running?
    It doesn't matter. You could've never used Messages or Browser either - they'd still show up in that list.
    06-23-09 08:45 PM
    So is PTT actually running? if so can I or better should i delete the app?
    06-23-09 08:47 PM
    Yea those would be the apps that you cant remove from that list.
    06-23-09 08:47 PM
    So is PTT actually running? if so can I or better should i delete the app?
    I meant delete the app all together
    06-23-09 08:50 PM
    Yes you can delete it. Use crackmem for that http://forums.crackberry.com/f2/crac...light=crackmem
    06-23-09 08:51 PM
    I meant delete the app all together
    I don't have an AT&T Curve, but go to Options > Advanced Options > Applications and look for it in that list. If it's there, scroll to it, press the BB/menu button and select Delete. You'll have to allow it to reset itself for it to properly delete. If it's not in there, go to Options > Advanced Options > Service Books and look for it in there. If it's there, use the same steps to delete it. If it's in the service books, the next time you do a battery pull or the SB are resent, PTT will be back.
    06-23-09 08:52 PM
    Rip & Savio,

Thanks for your quick replies and knowledge, I truly appreciate the help.
    06-23-09 08:54 PM
    To clear it up. I suggested Crackmem thinking you were going to do that upgrade. So using crackmem you would remove the apps that you dont use before you install the OS. If you arent going to do the OS upgrade then follow savio's advice.
    p.s. its RLP....I just havent got around to having it changed to make it easier for people to see.

EDIT.....I must be going crazy. I got your thread confused with someone elses....hence why I thought you were going to upgrade. My apologies. Im going to bed now...too much for me today.
    Last edited by rlp32; 06-23-09 at 09:00 PM. Reason: posted incorrectly.
    06-23-09 08:57 PM

EDIT.....I must be going crazy. I got your thread confused with someone elses....hence why I thought you were going to upgrade. My apologies. Im going to bed now...too much for me today.
    Sleep well I'm getting ready to watch "Rescue me"
    06-23-09 09:02 PM
    That just shows you what is running and allows you to switch to it quickly
    06-24-09 03:46 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD