So i see alot of threads about trackball problems. Mine would occasionally stick but it would go back to normal. The past week it has got horrible. I try cleaning with alcohol swab and can air and nothing works! Very frustrating!! I even took the ball out and cleaned it like the how-to videos showed and still very ****ty.

Just got off the phone with verizon and they are sending me a replacement. But my wifes replacement that she got a month ago (because of software problems) ball feels amazing. Its alot smoother and works wonderful.

Is there a new ball they are using, or is this just because its a new phone?

Thanks
    01-04-10 09:58 PM
    Is your other phone the same model? It may just be the clean unused version which we all used to remember. You can purchase aftermarket replacements to avoid a swap out. But sounds like they are taking good care of you!
    01-04-10 10:13 PM
    Is your other phone the same model? It may just be the clean unused version which we all used to remember. You can purchase aftermarket replacements to avoid a swap out. But sounds like they are taking good care of you!
    ya same model. I thought bout buying a replacement ball but this is free and dont have to worry bout switching it. I just hate reloading all my ****. But guess thats what backup is good for.
    01-04-10 10:15 PM
    Have you tried actually taking the trackball apart? I don't just mean popping it out but actually taking it out and removing the silver ring that holds everything together?

I just did it with mine a week ago and its a brand new ball in my opinion.

Your gonna want to be extra careful doing so as the silver ring can be bent quite easily.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    01-05-10 01:20 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD