I looked for an answer to this one and could not find it so I hope I'm not creating a duplicate thread of one that already exists here.

I just upgraded my Curve to the 4.5OS to get HTML email. The upgrade went smoothly in about 30 minutes. I got the email activations when the service books were sent and eagerly awaited my first email. It was of course an ad from a tech website that contains pictures as they all do these days. I opened the email and expected to see the photos.

What I saw instead was a formatted email with blocks (boxes) where the photos should be and text (photo title I assume) within those boxes with a smallish icon of a BB curve in the upper left hand corner. I gave it several minutes in case it was downloading the photo. I'm not sure what I should see, but I'm pretty sure an empty box isn't it.

Any ideas as to what to do now or help? Thanks!
    12-19-08 03:02 PM
    That is common. Try hitting the menu buttons then selecting, "Get Images", and the empty boxes should be filled in.
    12-19-08 04:16 PM
    Thanks, that did work.

The next question is, do I have to do the "get images" every time? I would hope not, that seems kinda stupid to me really, but if I have to, I have to..
    12-19-08 04:50 PM
    Images that are embedded in the email will show up automatically, if you have that enabled.

Images that are linked on the internet will always have to be manually retrieved. It's a security feature.
    12-19-08 05:22 PM
    How do I "enable" the feature? Is there some setting I need to change on my settings page?
    12-19-08 06:10 PM
    Go to your Message list. Press the Menu button. Select Options. Select Email Setting. For each email address, be sure that "Enable HTML Email" is set to "Yes".

But be aware that the images you described above are most likely EXTERNALLY linked images. You will have to manually retrieve them by selecting "Get Images" from the menu while viewing the email.
    12-19-08 07:09 PM
    Thanks for the info. I checked and it already says HTML is enabled so I guess it's on. I will have to "get the images" manually I suppose. Thanks for your help with this and I hope it helps some other newbie!
    12-19-08 07:33 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD