A real head-scratcher here for sure...

Yesterday afternoon I randomly saw the AccuWeather web signal pop up on my phone. I signed up for this months ago, and it just now appeared. Anyway, It worked fine, and was updating, but then things got weird...

First emails started being significantly delayed (some up to 4 hours or more). Then I noticed that the hourglass was coming up a lot, and my battery was draining very quickly. I plugged in my phone overnight, woke up this morning, and the hourglass was appearing every few seconds, the phone was a bit warm, and I had no emails from overnight. I could still browse the web, get PIN msgs, and make calls though they were very laggy with the hourglass.

I unsubscribed from the AccuWeather deal, thinking that must have been the cause of it, but the problems continue. I have re-sent service books multiple times, as well as battery pulls and soft-resets. I still am not receiving email from either of my 2 accounts, and there is almost constant network activity. I have seen twice this morning where my phone switches from EDGE to edge for a time as well. Although I haven't seen the hourglass yet, my battery still seems to be draining due to the network activity

Any ideas? I'm getting quite frustrated! 8310 on ATT, by the way.
    12-05-08 08:43 AM
    If the phone feels warm it generally means the battery is bad and replace it asap.

I have the push, had it for a while, none of the issues you are having.

Do you use facebook or viigo?

If you have viigo, dont leave it running it the back, close it out when not in use.

As far as facebook, it pretty much gives the symptons you are having.
    12-05-08 08:46 AM
    I used Viigo for awhile, but got rid of it due to the memory leaks...

I use Facebook, and have for several months and have never had the issue.
    12-05-08 08:48 AM
    Delete facebook and Ill bet that your issues will subside, try it, just because it has been running fine for months doesnt mean it will always run fine, just delete it for a min and see what happens, Im willing to bet it is facebook..

Have you changed themes recently?
    12-05-08 08:50 AM
    I did build my own theme in Plazmic a month or so ago. Haven't been having any issues with that either?

I'd be willing to try deleting Facebook, but it just seems odd that the app would even prevent service books from being sent, and all email getting blocked.
    12-05-08 08:54 AM
    Well, try the facebook first, to eliminate that, then, wait a while, then move onto the theme thing, those are free fixes, then if all else fails thru the day, you said your phone was warm, thats a battery issue...
    12-05-08 08:56 AM
    Rachel... I humbly bow down to you... ;-)

I deleted Facebook, restarted and a flood of emails came in... I'm shocked that one application completely crippled my BB.

Has this issue been addressed/fixed?

Thanks again!
    12-05-08 09:51 AM
    As far as I know, they are working on another app, but thats only what Ive read here. Who knows...

Glad its working
    12-05-08 09:55 AM
    I'm tempted to reinstall it and see what happens... since it worked for so long with no issues. I'm just wondering if there was some glitch of some sort....
    12-05-08 10:15 AM
    Try it, resend your servicfe books to get the icon again, you never know, at least you know the cause.
    12-05-08 10:18 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD