I have experinced this a few times... I think it happens often, but most people don't carry on conversations the way some of us do... It sounds like you're like myself as well... I had it when I was with Cingular and also with T-Mo... I've gone rounds with my girl about not answering messages and saying we didn't get them, etc... Basically it goes like this, (well for me anyway,) if we don't hear back after a couple of messages, then we know there is probably some sort of lag with the messaging system going on... So then we'll just make a call to the other person to see... After we started doing this, it's really a non-issue... It happens once in a while, but I haven't experienced it in over a year now... Definitely not your phone or settings... Your phone will tell you if it didn't send... I'm in So. Cal on T-Mo right now btw...
    Good to hear youre having this issue also. Same exact thing with my girl, i actually will send her 10 txts in a row and 3 or 4 of them will be delayed each time. She will wake up in the middle of the night to like 20 of my delayed txts from 5-6 hours earlier. They have created a trouble ticket for me, but according to you guys...i should just ride this out.
    07-01-08 03:47 PM
    Haha yeah, TMobile just basically sucks. I doubt replacing the phone would do anything at all because I know it didn't help for me. And if you tell people what's going on.. at least they know you're not ignoring them. It does get reallllly annoying though.

My OS is 4.2.1.107...
    Jesus, you said your problem lasted a month? Thats insane, i pay for unlimited txt for a reason. And now im waking my girl up at all hours of the night with txts sent 5-6 hours ago.
    07-01-08 03:56 PM
    Just did a little google searching and ran across this. Slow T-Mobile SMS sending, takes from 10 minutes to 4 hours - T-Mobile Talk - Mobiledia

See the last post on page one. Don't know if T-Mobile has done this already or not but it's worth a shot if not. Good luck!
    07-01-08 03:57 PM
    So i guess when they call me back regarding my "trouble ticket". I should request they clear my position off the network. The problem has actually gotten worse today. I have had 7 msgs not go through in the last 2 hours. This is asinine. Why has t-mobile not suggested doing what the above link says. I cant believe this. SOOO ANGRY
    07-01-08 04:09 PM
    After speaking to a tmo rep once again, they have now told me that this has been a global issue since the 27th. Which strikes me a bit odd because i been on the phone with them the last 6 days. I guess this is pretty much a situation where i sit back and wait..
    07-01-08 05:33 PM
    I think TMO was putting you together like a 2 piece puzzle.....

There are just so many uncontrollable potential issues for providers who are victims of their own tech progress.............

It is unfortunate TMO was not straight with you from the beginning........crack a beer and wait it out.......we are all spoiled with our tech toys .......remember dial up?

Good Luck!!!
    07-01-08 06:17 PM
    Thanks for the help everyone, they have pretty much told me this is a network issue and not a hardware issue. I will wait it out and use google talk with her until then.
    07-01-08 07:27 PM
    Good to hear youre having this issue also. Same exact thing with my girl, i actually will send her 10 txts in a row and 3 or 4 of them will be delayed each time. She will wake up in the middle of the night to like 20 of my delayed txts from 5-6 hours earlier. They have created a trouble ticket for me, but according to you guys...i should just ride this out.
    Ha ha! Yeah, I left that part out, but yeah, that's EXACTLY how it goes... It just adds to the frustration... Just wait it out, I had noticed it happened a lot for me when At&t and Cingular merged... Overloaded their servers? I had jumped to Tmo and the next thing I knew everyone was jumping ship to Tmo... After a few months it started with Tmo, but like I said, it's been about a year since I have experieced it... Just wait it out, you won't even notice it's not happening anymore, it'll just work as it should... If you complain to a manager or supervisor when you call Tmo's 611, they might give you couple months of your messaging for free... (hint hint)
    07-01-08 08:02 PM
33 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD