I had about 300 emails and texts on my BB 8310 and they all were deleted for no reason. Then it happened again maybe a week later, but this time I caught it in the act. I actually saw the number of new emails at the top of the home screen count down and I freaked out and took out the battery before they were all gone. It happened when I tried to open my messages list right after it showed that I got a new email. It froze for a few seconds, and then I saw the number going down and I couldn't stop it. Then this weekend I was trying to text my friend and it was deleting my texts right after I sent them, and either I wasn't receiving his responses or they were deleted before I could read them. But the emails and messages that were already there were left alone. Also it would empty my call log constantly when it deleted each of those texts.

I skimmed over a few threads that discussed email problems and they mentioned something about sync problems. But would that affect my texts and call log? Help!
    02-22-09 08:30 PM
    Options>status, what is your file free memory

Your issue is memory related. Anything below 12mb you will start to suffer some instability etc. If you get to low your BB will do the housecleaning you should be doing for you. Deleting emails, sms, mms, etc.

There are many things you can do as well but it sounds like your stems solely from excessive text/emails......
    Last edited by Tremortality; 02-22-09 at 08:34 PM.
    02-22-09 08:31 PM
    You also need to close out your apps properly when your done with them by pressing the Menu key, then select Close/Exit.

From home screen, hold the Alt key and press l g l g (Ls) then press Menu key and delete everything in this log.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    02-22-09 08:37 PM
    Thank you very much, I didn't even think about that. Phew!
    02-22-09 08:43 PM
    This happened with my Pearl at first until I started closing out my apps properly. Now, it never happens.......
    02-22-09 09:09 PM
    IF RE: File free

No worries just keep an eye on the file free and you will be able to tell what is going on. options?>status or what I do is alt-shift-h, also as xlide stated to properly close helps a great deal. If you want to see what is open hit alt - esc and it will show you what is open. always 5 will be there (bbm, phone, messages, homescreen, browser) anything else is suspect

You get rid of them texts and do some mild housecleaning you should be good. Lots of other things you can do but if you control texts there is no need....... good luck
    Last edited by Tremortality; 02-22-09 at 09:11 PM.
    02-22-09 09:09 PM
    Here's a link with many ideas on enhancing file free memory - http://forums.crackberry.com/f3/how-...e-memory-34633

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    02-22-09 09:15 PM
    Welcome to crackberry!
    02-22-09 09:20 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD