I'm looking for a security app. Basically I'm trying to keep my sneeky *** girlfriend out of my phone. In my vivid imagination i picture a loud siren going off when Madam SneaksAlot gets her hands on my bberry. Anyone with suggestions? Thanks,
    11-23-09 06:17 PM
    I would just password protect it. Make sure you keep it backed up, though, when she hits 10 incorrect entries, I understand the BB will wipe and she will have to come to you, head hanging, and admit she was trying to access the phone.
    11-23-09 06:33 PM
    I have it set already for 3 tries. And it's boring doing it this way. Need her red in the face when i have to come in and put in a password to turn it off. BTW, what gets wiped if there are too many attempts?
    11-23-09 06:44 PM
    How bout not date a crazy paranoid girlfriend? Or, stop doing things that make her paranoid. I'd go for a root cause solution rather.
    11-23-09 06:51 PM
    good point, but godammit i'm not here for dating help.
    11-23-09 06:54 PM
    And with language like that you're not likely to get much help period.
    11-23-09 07:39 PM
    wow. u always this touchy? i wasn't serious exclamtion point!
    11-23-09 07:50 PM
    The complete phone is wiped just so know. Everything is lost. And there isn't an app that I'm aware of that will sound an alarm when the phone is messed with. Good luck with the girlfriend.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    11-23-09 10:15 PM
    .... In my vivid imagination i picture a loud siren going off when Madam SneaksAlot gets her hands on my bberry. Anyone with suggestions? Thanks,
    In my vivid imagination, I picture my phone printing $20's.

I would urge you to NOT set your password attempts to 3. If she wipes all of your information, you'll be the one red in the face about it.
    11-24-09 05:58 AM
    Yeah, setting your password attempts to 3 is a little touchy, I'd suggest going with the max & keeping it at 10. Make sure you keep your Berry backed up though because if she does put in 10 wrong passwords your Berry will be wiped out totally, you'll lose ALL your data & there's no way to get it back UNLESS you've done a backup. I actually back mine up at home & at work, just incase 1 computer goes down I'm still covered. I've never heard of any "alarm" apps but good luck in your search for that.
    11-24-09 08:42 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD