Hey guys, first post here even though I've been browsing around for about a week now since I got my Curve. I just tried to download AIM for BlackBerry, and I get a message saying that my device does not meet the requirements to download and run this application. Any idea what I need to make it work, if that's even possible?
    07-16-08 04:05 PM
    Make sure you DL the right version. You can find it on BlackBerry's mobile site. If you use more IM's than AIM you might want to check out jivetalk.
    07-16-08 04:07 PM
    I had this same problem, until I tried DLing this way......on the BB Browser hit the menu button and go to Bookmarks, there will be a bookmark to DL AIM...click it and it should install....
    07-16-08 04:14 PM
    ^^Even Better!^^
    07-16-08 04:15 PM
    I'm guessing you have 4.5 os?

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    07-16-08 04:24 PM
    There's no bookmark to download it...I do have an option on the Verizon homepage to download mobile IM but I hate Verizon's version, I want real AIM. How can I find the right version?
    07-16-08 04:29 PM
    I'm guessing you have 4.5 os?

I have whatever OS came installed when I bought the phone on Thursday (I'm a long time smartphone user but this is my first BB so I'm still trying to figure it all out)
    07-16-08 04:30 PM
    There's no bookmark to download it...I do have an option on the Verizon homepage to download mobile IM but I hate Verizon's version, I want real AIM. How can I find the right version?
    Hmmm.......try this....on your BB Browser click Go To and type www.blackberry.com/aim

I have whatever OS came installed when I bought the phone on Thursday (I'm a long time smartphone user but this is my first BB so I'm still trying to figure it all out)
    You have OS 4.3, as an official 4.5 has not yet been released
    07-16-08 04:36 PM
    blackberry.com/aim is where I originally tried downloading it from. That's where I'm getting the error message from.
    07-16-08 04:49 PM
    Verizon won't let you download AIM's app because they want you to use their's which uses text messages... AIM uses data.
    07-16-08 04:55 PM
    Verizon won't let you download AIM's app because they want you to use their's which uses text messages... AIM uses data.
    Hmm....maybe a manual install through DM? Go to the blackberry.com/aim on your pc then download the file and install through DM

07-16-08 05:02 PM
    Verizon does not support the AIM client for BlackBerry. They do however offer a free client called MobileIM. There are also other IM clients that you can look into.
    07-16-08 05:07 PM
    I would then Try JiveTalk.....you get a free 30 day trial....then afterwards you have to pay for the app however there are coupons all over the place to bring down the price to around 15 bucks....I believe the original price is 19.99...well worth it....the AIM app probably isn't much better than whatever Verizon wants you to use... I tried it, and had to go back to Jive Talk!

Beejive | instant messaging, just about anywhere
    07-16-08 05:16 PM
    I just found Beejive and downloaded the free trial and am loving it so far! Thanks guys.
    07-16-08 05:28 PM
    How come when I called Verizon and asked about AIM they said it could be DLed but it comes out of your text messaging amount? Or did they just say this so I would use their version
    Last edited by WackBerry; 07-16-08 at 05:57 PM.
    07-16-08 05:53 PM
    Well you need to bookmark this site a hundred times over because no matter what the question how big or small everyone here is willing to help. Have a good one and welcome to the crack.
    07-16-08 06:14 PM
    How come when I called Verizon and asked about AIM they said it could be DLed but it comes out of your text messaging amount? Or did they just say this so I would use their version
    no they were talking about their mobile im that you can download from them... not the aim app itself from aol
    07-16-08 06:39 PM
    Is jivetalk and Beejive the same? I have the sprint 8330 does it support the aim verison?
    07-16-08 06:53 PM
    yes they are the same and yes you can get the regular aim on your sprint 8330
    07-17-08 12:14 AM
    Is jivetalk and Beejive the same? I have the sprint 8330 does it support the aim verison?
    More precisely, Jivetalk is the application, Beejive is the name of the company that develops it.
    07-17-08 12:20 AM
    Yes, recently it seems JiveTalk has been renamed to BeeJiveIM.......and being a sprint user, you can DL AIM.......go to the bookmarks section in the BB Browser there is a link to DL AIM....However its not as good as JiveTalk (BeeJiveIM)

More precisely, Jivetalk is the application, Beejive is the name of the company that develops it.
    It seems JiveTalk has been renamed to BeeJiveIM
    07-17-08 12:26 AM
    no they were talking about their mobile im that you can download from them... not the aim app itself from aol

ah I see, thanks
    07-17-08 12:35 AM
    It seems JiveTalk has been renamed to BeeJiveIM
    I stand corrected...
    07-17-08 01:27 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD