i got a blackberry curve 2 weeks ago from t mobile. things have been going really well. i thought i had set up my email account correctly, but today it downloaded every message from the past 3 months and marked them unread. so i ended up with about 1000 unread messages in a span of 10 minutes!

how do i fix this?
    thanks for the help
    08-19-08 07:46 PM
    you can block certain emails or words from the email setup page. If most of the messages are spam I recomend you get a new email adress. Also maybe its because this is the first sync. Oh yeah in the email settings you can change how long or how far back BB will download email.
    08-19-08 08:36 PM
    these messages are not spam, but messages that i have previously read (i don't know why BB marked them as unread). where do i set how far back BB will download email? i have looked under message options, email settings, and email reconciliation.
    thanks
    08-19-08 08:52 PM
    Also just in case you didn't already know, if you scroll to the very top of the email list and highlight the date, you can press menu -� mark prior read. That way all 1000 emails get marked in about 2 seconds.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    08-19-08 10:55 PM
    one thing i found, and this may not be your case, was that if you use outlook to check your mail, and you create an acct, any mail that is on the server comes into the berry. at least that happened with me on one acct. any accts that i either deleted or moved mail from the actual server did not come through.
    08-19-08 11:03 PM
    these messages are not spam, but messages that i have previously read (i don't know why BB marked them as unread). where do i set how far back BB will download email? i have looked under message options, email settings, and email reconciliation.
    thanks
    The BlackBerry marked them as unread because they were newly in the Messages folder. Had you emptied the deleted items folder just before this happened?
    08-19-08 11:05 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD