Google Mobile Apps?
    I have the Google Maps Icon, the Gmail Icon, and with the new browser comes the google search.

Upon the advice of the more experienced Crackberry members here, I have already deleted VAD and PTT.

The apps I still have are:
    CNBC
    NYTimes
    TheStreet.com
    WallStJournal
    NBC Traffic Camera
    powerOne financial calculator
    telenav GPS
    BeamBerry
    Docs2Go
    WorldMateLive

I love having the Voice recorder, and video camera. I do have a Micro SD Card, and save all I can to it.
    But, I still only have 17MB free memory. I would like to check out more apps.
    I do a battery pull daily, and can't get over 17MB. Any advice would be most appreciated.
    10-23-08 08:36 PM
    You can access a number of those sites from the BlackBerry homepage. It takes a couple seconds longer to get to them, but you don't have the apps, like for the Times or WSJ taking up space. I'd dump that stuff you don't need. You can also bookmark the news sites - same thing. I only have Gmail and google maps on my desktop - and I traded by dumping BlackBerry maps.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    10-23-08 08:47 PM
    You can access a number of those sites from the BlackBerry homepage. It takes a couple seconds longer to get to them, but you don't have the apps, like for the Times or WSJ taking up space. I'd dump that stuff you don't need. You can also bookmark the news sites - same thing. I only have Gmail and google maps on my desktop - and I traded by dumping BlackBerry maps.

WSJ's not just a bookmark (and therefore is much larger than the other Browser bookmark type aps). If you really use it, keep it. If you just want it for quotes, replace it with MarketFilters, which is free @ marketfilters.com. It's much smaller and does just as good a job.

TheStreet.com's program is very similar to WSJ in that both are RSS readers which are OEM versions of FreeRange. Therefore, by keeping both, you have twice the overhead unnecessarily. I tried both of them and decided I preferred the flexibility of FreeRange, which shows separate feeds separately, as opposed to WSJ, for example, which shows all additional feeds under one tab. You can also add most of the WSJ & TheStreet feeds separately in FreeRange.

On the other hand, one of the big benefits of WSJ's reader is that you can read full stories (on your BB only - when you send stories to yourself or anyone else, they can't access without a WSJ Interactive subscription). If I were in your shoes, I'd try to add the feeds from TheStreet that you find most valuable as additional feeds under the WSJ engine.

Lastly, check out http://www.blackberryforums.com/gene...ee-memory.html

An alternative to that bookmark, which I used to consider like a bible, is crackmem - http://forums.crackberry.com/f2/crac...eleased-52044/ It's a much easier way to do all the deleting, etc. to free up space.

One last thought.. I've never heard of the financial calculator program, but I know that many financial calculators are available online. So, depending on how much you use them and the size of the program, you may achieve the same thing by bookmarking web pages.
    Last edited by sheldonbk; 10-23-08 at 09:30 PM.
    10-23-08 08:54 PM
    i use worldmate and it insists on bb maps & wont use google maps. as far as i can tell, bb maps wont work on 4.5.081, which i happily installed about a month ago. im on att in ny... any ideas?
    11-02-08 03:24 PM
    i use worldmate and it insists on bb maps & wont use google maps. as far as i can tell, bb maps wont work on 4.5.081, which i happily installed about a month ago. im on att in ny... any ideas?
    I never use BBMaps since Google Maps has the My Location feature but I checked just now (that you mentioned it won't work on 4.5.0.81) and it works fine. I have an 8320, so maybe there's a slight difference?
    11-02-08 03:47 PM
    AT&T (and a few other carriers) has the icon hidden because they want you
    to use the paid app. In OS 4.2 there is a way to unhide the icon but I haven't
    seen a way to do it beyond 4.2
    11-02-08 03:55 PM
    I never use BBMaps since Google Maps has the My Location feature but I checked just now (that you mentioned it won't work on 4.5.0.81) and it works fine. I have an 8320, so maybe there's a slight difference?
    I also have an 8320, recently upgraded to 4.5, and now Google Maps doesn't work. I click on it and it acts as if it loads but then does nothing. I've re-installed it 3 times and it doesn't work. I would LOVE any help! I have used this app many times and hate to lose it. Please, any suggestions happily accepted!

11-13-08 03:12 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD