Having a very frustrating problem with my 8330. Any time I reply to an e-mail through Outlook on my actual computer, the original e-mail I am responding to shows up in my Blackberry inbox as new, no matter how old the message is. It is essentially a duplicate. What can I do to stop this from happening?
    09-19-08 01:55 PM
    I haven't found a way around this. You can read e-mails on your BB and have them show as read in your mailbox if you set it up as IMAP, but not the other way around.
    09-19-08 02:00 PM
    If you are using a Gmail account you need to create a filter stating that any email from your email account won't be sent to your inbox, this way you'll never get it on your BB. If your BES you need to login to your BES account on BlackBerry Internet Service i think is the link and create the same rule there.
    09-19-08 06:44 PM
    I appreciate the response, but it's not the e-mail sent from me that is showing up in my inbox. That would be easy to fix with the filter as you have suggested. It is the original e-mail that I am replying to, no matter who it is from, that shows up duplicate as new in the Blackberry inbox only. It is a work e-mail through Outlook.
    09-20-08 02:09 PM
    i saw a thread around here that showed exactly what the filter should look like... ill see of i can find it
    09-20-08 02:12 PM
    09-20-08 02:52 PM
    My apologies, but I think I'm not describing my problem correctly (although I really appreciate the responses!). The fix you posted is for people who are receiving their own response e-mail in their inbox after they send it. I understand this problem, and it is most common with Gmail. My problem is that I receive the original e-mail that I am responding to in my Blackberry inbox, and not my own e-mail. For example, if you sent me an e-mail a week ago, and I responded to it right now from my PC and not my Blackberry, your original week-old e-mail would appear again as new with today's date in my BlackBerry inbox.
    It would be impossible to create a single filter to fix this because there are unlimited numbers of e-mail addresses that might send things to me, and if I filtered them out I'd never receive new messages.
    Any other ideas?
    09-21-08 12:10 PM
    I understand what you're saying. It sounds as if the process of replying to the original message is somehow changing the original message (maybe recording that you have replied to it?), resulting in an updated date/time stamp, making it appear to be a new message. I know that Outlook has the option to automatically keep responses (from you) in the same folder as the original message (as opposed to a Sent Items folder). Is it possible that somehow Outlook is moving the original message back to the Inbox when you reply?

Are you using IMAP or POP3 to connect to your mailbox? Are there any other BB users on your mail server that you're aware of?
    09-21-08 04:10 PM
    On your BIS site, do you have Auto BCC enabled?
    09-21-08 04:16 PM
    I'm not sure how to tell if we are using IMAP or POP3. I asked a guy here at work and he said it definitely is not POP3. There are other BB users on the mail server and at least one of them is having the same problem.
    I do not have Auto BCC enabled on my BIS site.
    09-22-08 12:11 PM
    Anybody else have any guesses as to how to fix this? I have come across a few others who are having the same problem so I assume it is relatively common. Would be great to have a fix.
    Thanks!
    09-24-08 01:10 PM
    It's been a few days so I thought I'd bump this and see if anyone has any new takes. Another interesting thing that might help in the diagnosis is that if I click to Reply to a message from my Outlook inbox on my PC, as soon as the reply autosaves as a draft, the original message shows up in my BB inbox as new.
    09-30-08 08:03 PM
    I'm dealing with this issue too.
    Setup is an Exchange 2007 server allowing only imap ssl (993) connection.
    Happening for all users.
    duplicates display only on blackberries, don't show up in Exchange accounts.

I did notice that the new message notification icon was only on my 'messages' folder on my bberry. Though the copy still shows in the associated mailbox.
    10-06-08 05:45 PM
    Hi All, Today I have fixed this for one of my customers. My customer had and exchange server 2003 with ports mapped from the router/firewall to IMAP, HTTP & HTTPS. When I ran through the o2 site it defaults to using IMAP regardless, without any options for me to select otherwise.

I temporarily disabled the imap port mapping on my router and allowed 02 to fail the email setup, then it asks me if I would like to manually configure my mail settings.

YES I said: then I chose Outlook Web Access. Completed all the settings required and then (after 6 attempts at entering the correct data, it is Case Sensitive!) my new mail account was setup on the blackberry using OWA instead of IMAP.

Voila, my mail problem solved. No longer do I get the original message when I reply to an email.

I hope this helps anyone else with a similar problem.
    10-15-08 06:44 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD