Hello everybody,
    I just got my curve about three days ago and love it! I'm just having a strange problem with my address book. First, when I got the device it had 4.3 on it. I wiped it then upgraded to 4.5. So it had a clean slate. Then, I downloaded Google Sync to sync all of my contacts to my blackberry. All are in First, Last format. When I go to address book, all of them show up. Here's the problem.

When I search for someone by first name, sometimes depending on the contact it will show up, and other contacts it will not. I've tried battery pulls and deleting the address book database with Desktop Manager then resyncing with the same results. I wouldn't care much, except voice dialing only works for a handful of my contacts. I've ruled out Sync being the problem -- I created a brand new contact on google, ran Google Sync, and that one is searchable by first, Last.

Any ideas?
    12-06-08 06:29 PM
    Do you have a filter on your Address Book? Look in Options / Filter and ensure no boxes are checked. I don't know that a filter will cause your problem, but it's worth checking.
    12-06-08 10:02 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD