Ok, im a total noob at blackberrys. I have been a palm treo user for many many years and finally took the leap over to BB!

Heres my problem/question....
    I got my contacts from outlook to sync with the BB but they wont show up in the address book. They only pop up when i start typing out a name from the main screen. Whats the deal?

Also if need be, how do i purge all my contacts?

Im really loving this site, and phone!!

Thanks!!
    02-16-09 05:59 PM
    Check to see if a filter is on.

In the Address Book, press the Menu button and select Filter.

Be sure that no boxes are checked.
    02-16-09 06:18 PM
    OK i figured out how to delete all the contacts so nevermind that. But my address book is still empty.

Anyone? Anyone?
    02-16-09 06:19 PM
    Check to see if a filter is on.

In the Address Book, press the Menu button and select Filter.

Be sure that no boxes are checked.
    Wow that totally fixed it ....Im such an ***. Thanks for the help!!

Thank god for forums like this, it makes the transition from Palm to BB so much nicer. I must admit, the blackberry is slowing growing on me, while my treo used to slowly **** me off.
    02-16-09 06:23 PM
    Same here, BC. I gave up my Palm and if it wasn't for the $50 I got for turning it in I would have thrown it in the ocean. I sure do miss being able to view my calendar and contacts on my laptop, though. Have you figured that out, yet?
    02-16-09 07:08 PM
    I view it via outlook. Never used outlook before. Being able to view this information on screen was a big plus from switching from palm to bb. It takes a while to get used to it but I am fitting right in. Try it!!
    02-16-09 07:17 PM
    OK, I think I will try it. I don't have outlook, but maybe I'll download the free trial and see if I like it. Thanks for the advice!
    02-16-09 07:47 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD