I just did a downgrade of my OS as I'm getting my device swapped out.

I followed the proper backup procedure but for some reason the address book won't restore. It shows the amount of entries but when I go to advanced restore the address book - all option is grayed out.

Any pointers on fixing this or do I need to re-enter it all?
    09-08-08 02:52 PM
    The address book has to be restored with same OS as it was backed up with -I am almost 89% sure...I have 4.5 on my 8330 that is with colorware. I bought a new 8330 for my hubby and decided to use it until my bb came back...I restored the new curve and I couldnt get the address book to restore. I upgraded the new one and it worked...so I think you have to be on the same os to restore an address book.
    09-08-08 03:01 PM
    The address book has to be restored with same OS as it was backed up with -I am almost 89% sure...I have 4.5 on my 8330 that is with colorware. I bought a new 8330 for my hubby and decided to use it until my bb came back...I restored the new curve and I couldnt get the address book to restore. I upgraded the new one and it worked...so I think you have to be on the same os to restore an address book.
    Thanks for the info. When I went from 4.3 to 4.5 originally it backed up fine, the downgrade didnt.

I was using .56 so I will put that on the new 8330 when I get it to restore my address book. I was hoping to upgrade to .77 but I wonder if I'll run into this as well.
    09-08-08 03:05 PM
    Thanks for the info. When I went from 4.3 to 4.5 originally it backed up fine, the downgrade didnt.

I was using .56 so I will put that on the new 8330 when I get it to restore my address book. I was hoping to upgrade to .77 but I wonder if I'll run into this as well.
    Just to quickly update, the contacts came back when I installed .56 and then when I upgraded to .77 they remained. So it appears if you downgrade to an OS lower than the OS you backed up the contacts on, this is when the problem occurs
    09-09-08 01:40 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD