Hey everyone, I've had my BB Titanium Curve 8310 for about 2 months to the day now, and everyday Im learning something new about it (or at least trying to). I have a simple question and was wondering if anyone knew the answer to it. I noticed to add a photo to a contact in the address book, you have to have a picture stored in the phone/media card memory, then add a pic from there to the person's info. I noticed with old phones, such as my old Razr (which I hated) that you can add a pic to someones number, but once you go and delete that pic from your photos their photo is deleted from their profile. I was wondering if I add a picture to someones profile from either the memory card or the device memory (I always use the memory card, and I have a folder titled "Caller ID Photos") and once its added, delete it from the mediacard memory, I notice the photo is still in the contacts profile. Is this normal, and if so where is the pic actually "stored". Am I wasting space saving "Caller ID Photos?" I kinda like that feature, but I just had a question about it...
    03-06-08 04:00 PM
    Contact photos are stored on the device memory.
    03-06-08 04:22 PM
    Contact photos are stored on the device memory.
    That is a waste of my memory!
    03-06-08 07:17 PM
    That is a waste of my memory!
    It's not really a waste of memory for someone who likes the feature. Besides, cropped pictures of someone's face takes up a whole 2kb....

Derek
    03-06-08 09:32 PM
    Hmm so sounds like it would be safe to delete those saved contact photos from my card if I wanted... Thanks
    03-10-08 08:35 AM
    Yes, once made a contact photo, you can delete the original photo without worry.
    03-10-08 08:38 AM
    Great to know. Thanks!
    03-10-08 09:00 AM
    I took a picture of something with my Curve and tried to use it as a contact photo for when that person called me. But when I tried to install it, it made a crop* square and would not show the whole pic. Whats with that?
    08-04-08 10:37 AM
    I took a picture of something with my Curve and tried to use it as a contact photo for when that person called me. But when I tried to install it, it made a crop* square and would not show the whole pic. Whats with that?
    When you get to the pic you want to use, you can hit Menu, Zoom, then zoom in or out, then crop to the section of the pic you want to use, then select Crop & Save.
    08-04-08 10:39 AM
    I get to the zoom in or out part then it stops. No cropping happening.

weird I know it is me not it.
    08-04-08 11:09 AM
    I get to the zoom in or out part then it stops. No cropping happening.

weird I know it is me not it.
    Did you hit Menu again?
    08-04-08 11:21 AM
    how would you delete those photos for each contact if you didnt want them anymore? instead of doing it one by one for each contact?
    09-02-08 12:37 AM
    Ok, see, I'm not like the cropping thing. I want the whole picture as their picture ID not a cropped part.
    10-22-08 05:27 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD