Hello all I have a question I cannot quite find a answer to. I was wondering if there was a way to set up the address book for different types of contacts like business , personal, so on a so forth. I found were you can make groups but that only adds part of the information. Any help I could get would be great I mostly want it for the email addresses for business contacts. I have a work phone without email on it but I get my work email on my 8310. Thanks.
    03-11-09 10:39 PM
    Do you mean like add email addresses or business contacts instead of mobile numbers?
    03-11-09 10:41 PM
    I mean i want to separate any business contacts from my personal contacts, is there any way of doing that.
    03-11-09 10:57 PM
    Only thing i can think of is saving personal contacts to the phone and business contacts to the sim card. Once you are viewing contacts press menu and scroll to sim phone book
    03-11-09 10:59 PM
    You can assign a category for each contact. From your BB, pull up a contact, press the menu button, choose categories and assign the category you want to each contact. Once you have brought up the categories, if you press the menu button again, you can add a category if the one you want is not there.
    From Outlook, you can select multiple contacts at a time by holding your CTL key down and left clicking each contact with the mouse, then assign the category to all of them at once. Follow this with a synch and everyone in your BB will be updated.
    The benefit of doing this is that you can then view your business contacts or personal contacts by applying a filter when viewing your address book. Bring up the address book>menu>filter>choose the filter you would like to view and those will be the only contacts you see. Remember to take the filter off or you'll be wondering why you can't see certain contacts anymore. Hope this helps.
    03-12-09 01:15 PM
    Goto your address book, hit the menu key, there is a filter option in there.
    03-12-09 01:17 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD