Does anyone know how to put hyphens between the area code and prefix numbers of a phone number in the address book?
    05-28-09 06:25 PM
    Thanks for the quick reply. I do know the numbers work fine. It's just when your looking at them and there are numberous numbers for the same person and they have different area codes for each number, it gets hard to determine which numbers which.
    05-28-09 06:31 PM
    When you go to edit a phone number in your address book all you do is scroll to the number. When you do that you will see that the num lock auto enables. So when you hold alt and I thinking you will get - all you have to do is hit the I key.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    05-28-09 06:45 PM
    When you go to edit a phone number in your address book all you do is scroll to the number. When you do that you will see that the num lock auto enables. So when you hold alt and I thinking you will get - all you have to do is hit the I key.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    You're right! At first when I tried that, it didn't work. Now that I think about it, I think I had already pressed alt, in turn disabling it. But it didn't work either when I did press alt. Oh well, it worked now, and it does work in general.
    05-28-09 06:48 PM
    Thanks. That does work.
    How about an app that will go through my whole phone book and do it for me.
    LOL
    05-28-09 06:54 PM
    Thanks. That does work.
    How about an app that will go through my whole phone book and do it for me.
    LOL
    If you synch with Outlook, you can export your contacts to Excel, use its edit tools, then import your contacts back into Outlook. When I did this, it corrupted over 1 000 email addresses, but the phone numbers came out fine. Use at your own risk. If you don't have email addresses in your contacts, it should be fine.
    05-28-09 08:48 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD