When I try to add a custom ring tone to one of my phone contacts it only let's me select device memory and preloaded ringtones. It will not let me browse to my media stick. any ideas?
    05-11-09 06:19 PM
    Okay, go to the contact of choice. Hit the track ball on the contact. Then hit the blackberry button. Click edit. Hit the blackberry button again. Select custom ring tone. At the top there will be a browse. It gives you three options, device, music, and ringtones. Hit music. Select song and apply.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    05-11-09 06:35 PM
    When you are adding custom ringtones to contacts it should bring up a list of all ringtones, including the ones on your media card.

Did you by any chance save the ringtones into the music folder instead of the ringtone one?
    Last edited by kakakasiBB; 05-11-09 at 06:47 PM.
    05-11-09 06:40 PM
    Can you access your ringtones that are on your memory card from the BB media player?

Did you format the card before you put files on it.

Go to options/media card and set media card support to on and set encryption mode to none.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    05-11-09 06:51 PM
    figured out the issue. it was not showing the media card folder when i had the blackberry connected to my PC. Once I unplugged it that section showed up
    05-11-09 07:15 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD