When I open the menu when I am on the address book icon, I do not get anything except move, hide, show all, add folder and switch option. Why don't I get the add new contact? Thanks!
    08-19-08 11:25 AM
    Welcome to CB!
    You need to open your address book, then add the contact.
    08-19-08 11:26 AM
    Open the address book first then hit the menu key.
    08-19-08 11:26 AM
    when I do that, it opens only for that particuar contact. I really feel stupid at this time. All of my addresses were transferred over. Help! Thanks!
    08-19-08 11:31 AM
    when I do that, it opens only for that particuar contact. I really feel stupid at this time. All of my addresses were transferred over. Help! Thanks!

Follow the instructions above. When you hit Menu, scroll to "New Address".

Also, you can add contacts by opening the address book and typing the name of the contact. This creates a new contact if there isn't a contact by that name previously saved.
    08-19-08 11:35 AM
    Make sure you use the Menu to Close the application.

Don't just exit with the Red Hang-up Key or it'll open on the same place every time.
    08-19-08 11:36 AM
    Also, take a look here: BlackBerry 101 How-To Lecture Series | CrackBerry.com

You will find many helpful hints there!
    08-19-08 11:38 AM
    Thank you! The BB is a little different from my other phones. I really appreciate the help. It's nice to know there are people out there to help.
    08-19-08 11:40 AM
    Thank you! The BB is a little different from my other phones. I really appreciate the help. It's nice to know there are people out there to help.

No Prob! You'll be a Master in no time!
    08-19-08 11:43 AM
    Well, seeing your name, you help us.

Helping a fellow crackhead is the least we can do.

Any luck yet?
    08-19-08 11:46 AM
    Hello & welcome to the wonderful world of BlackBerry!!!
    08-19-08 12:06 PM
    welcome to CB enjoy ur BB @ its best
    08-19-08 12:14 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD