I scanned a large majority of the thread pertaining to the charging problems people have been having with their curve. A lot of them are quite similar to what I'm dealing with. However, it appears that I am having a mixture of each.

The day before yesterday I hooked up my charger at work and walked away. The "low battery" logo was lit...about an hour later I came back and the battery low logo was still on and the battery icon itself showed that little red bar right off full "empty". That is where it gets to no matter how long it is hooked up to the charger. It finally shut down fully (battery drained) and so I put it back on the charger. It would then charge with the battery/lightning logo for a while and then boot up without me having to do anything. Then it would state battery drained shutting down and repeat this cycle over and over.

I decided to go buy a new OEM battery. After charging, same thing! The battery didn't charge up, died, and has been on "life support" of the little it takes and holds. Not enough to get the phone onto the network - therefore USELESS!

When the phone is off the glowing LED turns on and off as it normally has but ONLY when the motorola charger is on it. I had the charge/usb port replaced a month ago too. I have tried the OEM charger with the phone on but I plug it in, and the battery/plug icon disappears after 1 ~ 2 seconds.

It makes no sense (at least to me) that the phone recognizes the Motorola charger and responds just as it did everyday prior to this but just won't charge. Last night it was off, glowing LED deal for at least 5 hours and only has enough power to keep it on.

This phone is also out of warranty...

Thanks in advance
    ~Confused in AZ
    10-23-09 03:02 PM
    i had a charge problem with my curve t mo told me that if you dont have a media card sometimes this happens if you dont have media card maybe try that or i would try charging it on the computer maybe your actual charger is bad
    or try calling your provider they should replace your device but if its the charger it might just have the same problem
    10-23-09 03:20 PM
    Get the bb charging dock and don't mess with the usb port...
    10-23-09 04:18 PM
    usually that is a charger problem. and blackberry usually charges on motorola, but motorola will in no way shape or form work on a blackberry charger
    10-23-09 11:05 PM
    Get the bb charging dock and don't mess with the usb port...
    +1 to that.
    10-23-09 11:11 PM
    The usb port was not originally designed for charging. It's for data transfer. It's too weak and eventually it will break. Get a BlackBerry charging dock.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    10-23-09 11:17 PM
    In my opinion, RIM should have provided all BB's with a charging port in the box when you buy a new BB. They are not expensive at all either.
    10-23-09 11:28 PM
    thanks for this info.... im aware now.
    10-23-09 11:30 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD