I am bilingual, French and English, and when I'm having to do business in French or just want to go to my 2nd language which is on my iPod, but I would also like to be able to chose to flip to French on my Black Berry, is there a way to add French to my Curve?

I hope this make sense, I'm writing this at a 12:45AM
    08-11-08 01:48 AM
    If I understand this correctly, you would like to be able to use both input languages. If you have both languages installed, you can go to options, language and select the desired language.

If you dont have it installed, i believe you can do this using your bb desktop software if you have the os version of your phone installed on your computer.
    Last edited by pdcpony; 08-11-08 at 02:08 AM.
    08-11-08 01:56 AM
    Yes, just open up your Application loader in DM, check the boxes for French, and click Next to install them.
    08-11-08 02:33 AM
    I would really like to get Italian on my Sprint 8330...I only see option for French and Spanish?
    08-11-08 02:39 AM
    Same deal for you. Load them through DM. Option should be there.
    08-11-08 03:05 AM
    Same deal for you. Load them through DM. Option should be there.
    Depends on his OS.
    08-11-08 03:09 AM
    On my 8310 running 4.2.2.170, I have German, French, Spanish, US English, & UK English loaded onto the device. Switching is as simple as going into options and changing the Language setting.

These were added (and others removed) via the Desktop Manager's Application Loader. Just select the languages you want (there are many to choose from).

Since these are features built into the application build, it is all dependant upon the OS version you have.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    08-11-08 08:44 AM
    When you first turned your BlackBerry on, it prompted you to select one language for installation. All of the other language sets were then deleted from device memory.

Adding a second language is simple, but you have to locate and download a "Multi-Language" version of your Device OS.

Once it is installed, you will have the option of selecting additional language choices.

To be honest, I have not experimented to verify if it switches to French (application prompts), of if the language choices are the accented characters needed in French.

Only one way to know for sure, time for a second language install.

French requires a 447 Kb install, you select the desired language from Options.

I will experiment with the keyboard, I am sure it will function correctly. Can anyone suggest a quick test to sort out French from Canadian French?
    Last edited by Stoner; 08-11-08 at 11:44 AM.
    08-11-08 10:52 AM
    How to make BB to read emails in Chinese?
    08-11-08 04:34 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD