Hi all,
    I am continuing having problems with my BB Curve. After AT&T gave me the unlock code (I am living in Italy), I activated the BB service for my phone number. But it does not work, the error message says: "Your account has been suspended. Please contact the system administrator."
    We spent 3 days troubleshooting with Vodafone, but nothing.
    The strange thing is that when the representative inserted his SIM (he has the exact same phone, but Vodafone-branded) , it worked instantly, without any problem.
    My account is 100% alright, I even bought a brad new SIM with a different number, but that does not work either.

We are out of ideas, any help would be greatly appreciated!!
    04-03-08 01:37 AM
    wow ummmmmmmm maybe not smoking crack would help! ;-) lol jk I have no idea
    04-03-08 01:39 AM
    Hi all,
    I am continuing having problems with my BB Curve. After AT&T gave me the unlock code (I am living in Italy), I activated the BB service for my phone number. But it does not work, the error message says: "Your account has been suspended. Please contact the system administrator."
    The strange thing is that when the representative inserted his SIM (he has the exact same phone, but Vodafone-branded) , it worked instantly, without any problem.
    My account is 100% alright, I even bought a brad new SIM with a different number, but that does not work either.

try to reload the os. wipe the handset, download the os verison and install using desktop manager. their may be some kind of policy or security setting there.
    04-03-08 02:59 AM
    Hi all,

Just call Blackberry and ask them to reset your account. When you unlocked it, it may have locked you out. Kind of like a new phone, yes it's the same iemi number and pin number. I had an issue with mine once (not from unlocking) but Blackberry reset my account and it worked fine.

Also, don't know if this would work, try a battery pull...reset.

msblueline
    04-03-08 03:02 AM
    I would call, but the only phone number for RIM I found was the incident-based support.

Do I really have to pay for sg like this?

Just call Blackberry and ask them to reset your account. When you unlocked it, it may have locked you out. Kind of like a new phone, yes it's the same iemi number and pin number. I had an issue with mine once (not from unlocking) but Blackberry reset my account and it worked fine.

Also, don't know if this would work, try a battery pull...reset.

msblueline
    04-03-08 03:14 AM
    Call at&t, see if they can reset the phone service. Sometimes they can help. Other times they make it worse. That's why we have forums like this. There are times we need them for computer access to our account. All this hard wipe they tell you is because they have no idea. If they cannot answer it then they will say it unfixable. They are full of crap (most of the time). Any other time, they just don't know. Give them a try. If you feel you're being miss guided by them just hang up and wait to talk to tech support. Or do a wipe and reload the Blackberry operating system.

msblueline

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    04-03-08 03:36 AM
    To clarify the situation a little bit, I have never been an AT&T customer, I bought the phone from eBay, which was locked. They've been nice, and gave me the unlock code. But now I definitely does not have any reason to call them.
    Wiping the software is not really the option I think, since I am using a Mac. (If it is possible ... well, I would need some assistance )

Anyway, I guess I will try calling the BB support, maybe they can do something without me having to pay.

And to make you feel a bit better, customer service here is the same (or worse), I had to try 5 times until I found somebody who actually knew what the BB service is. - but obviously, he didn't know how to activate it
    04-03-08 03:49 AM
    Could it be the sim you are using? I was in Portugal and did not have a contract so I was limited in the things I could do. Do you have a contract or is it a pay as you go sim?
    04-03-08 03:54 AM
    I have had trouble activating a Blackberry after someone else had been using it.

The PIN was released, but it needed me to do a wipe of the handset, which is different to an OS reload.

Scroll to Options>security Options>general settings then click the blackberry button and chose "Wipe Handheld" This will however wipe all contacts and messages on the phone, but as you can't get it working I assume you have non.

The other thing you could try is contacting your provider and insisting they put you through to the data/technical department, I often find front line CS don't understand Blackberrys.

Let us know how you get on.
    04-03-08 04:38 AM
    It could be that your PIN is still registerd with AT&T and will need to be transferred to your new carrier.

Try going to options > adnanced options > host routing table > hit the menu key and select register now. You should get a message saying that either your message has been queued or that you are now registered. It can take up to 24 hours.

The above may or may not work but might be worth a try. Good luck.

04-03-08 04:48 AM
    After 30 minutes of waiting for the BB support, I've given up...

The problem is most probably not with my account (neither my SIM), I talked to the tech support a few times, who really seemed to know what they were doing. Although I do not understand how it could work with the other Vodafone SIM. The tech support even tried to configure the service the same way, but no luck.

I tried the "Wipe Handheld" option, no change.

I tried the Host Routing Table registration (actually, I've been trying that from day 1), no change. "Registration message sent" but nothing happens. Even after a few days.
    An interesting fact though, that the HRT Editor has no entries. I don't know what it should contain, but maybe somebody ...

Also, in the TCP options, I am missing the access point details.
    But given the fact that it worked with the other SIM, I guess this is not the problem.

If anybody has any other idea, let me/us know!
    04-03-08 05:10 AM
    My host routing table has entries in it so tha problem does seem to lie with getting the bb service c onnected to your device or to your sim which leads me to think that the PIN needs to be released from the previous carrier to the new one or to be unsuspended somehow.

04-03-08 05:36 AM
    My host routing table has entries in it so tha problem does seem to lie with getting the bb service c onnected to your device or to your sim which leads me to think that the PIN needs to be released from the previous carrier to the new one or to be unsuspended somehow.

Why did it work with the other SIM? It seems, that the phone is able to use accounts already set up, but I am not able to set up a new account with it..

Does that make sense?
    04-03-08 05:42 AM
    This happened to me last week.

Call AT&T.
    04-03-08 11:52 AM
    This happened to me on Sat. You need to call your provider and tell them to rebuild your profile/account. There must have been some changes made recently to your account. This causes conflict issues with the possible changes made and the existing account. Also have them send the service books.

Hope this helps!!
    Rob
    04-03-08 11:55 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD