I received an 8310 for Christmas, and have, what, I hope is not a really stupid question. With my old LG phone, while driving, you could hit one button and the phone book would open and you scroll down to the number and dial. So far with the 8310, I haven't found an easy way to access and dial a number while driving. There has to be an easier way to trackball to the address book, while keeping an eye on the road<G>...thanks for any help
    12-26-08 10:24 AM
    You can set one of the hot keys to your adress book and save you time or you could use voice dial.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    12-26-08 10:29 AM
    You can use one of the side keys, voice dialing, or assign speed dial keys. I find the speed dial keys work the best.
    12-26-08 10:44 AM
    just set ur phone to dial from home screen and just start typing the letters of the contact u r lookn for .. if u type h all ur coantacts with an h will show up and scroll 2 the 1 u want
    12-26-08 10:58 AM
    just set ur phone to dial from home screen and just start typing the letters of the contact u r lookn for .. if u type h all ur coantacts with an h will show up and scroll 2 the 1 u want

probably the most convenient way
    12-26-08 11:06 AM
    Agreed. I use the dial fom home screen option and have found this is the easiest way to do it. It can be a little cumbersome if your contacts have many phone numbers.

I think it would be nice if you could select the persons name and then get a choice of which number you wanted to call. But maybe that's for a future os.

Bill

12-26-08 12:05 PM
    You can also hold the green phone button for 2 seconds and it will bring up the address book.

I have set speed dials for my often called contacts, and that works well, except for when you have 2 people whos name starts with the same letter
    12-26-08 01:54 PM
    Majority of my dialing is from recent calls, so 90% of the time I scroll through my recent calls to get the number. Much better than navigating through like 350 contacts.
    12-26-08 02:05 PM
    Agreed. I use the dial fom home screen option and have found this is the easiest way to do it. It can be a little cumbersome if your contacts have many phone numbers.

I think it would be nice if you could select the persons name and then get a choice of which number you wanted to call. But maybe that's for a future os.

Bill

I start typing the contact's name, and then I have a choice of which number (if they have multiple numbers available) to dial.
    12-26-08 02:09 PM
    I have the left key assigned to voice dial and it will ask me for which number if I tell it to call Jim Beam etc. then all I do is say mobile, home, work etc..

Julian
    12-26-08 02:28 PM
    Yep. Voice dialer here, esp when on the road.

12-26-08 11:48 PM
    I use voice dial along with a Jabra SP700 Bluetooth car speaker kit. If you set up your phone book with first and last names the voice dial is extremely reliable. The idea is to keep your eyes on the road while driving.
    12-27-08 10:06 AM

Bill

My 8330 does this. I always dial from screen...I just start typing in the letters of either their first name or last name, and then the more I type, it narrows the list down to the right person. Then all of the numbers I have listed for that person pop up on a list and then I select the one I want.

Teresa
    12-27-08 10:20 AM
    You can also hold the green phone button for 2 seconds and it will bring up the address book.

I have set speed dials for my often called contacts, and that works well, except for when you have 2 people whos name starts with the same letter
    thanks for that tip - i had no idea about the 2 second send hold trick.
    Last edited by dragonballyee; 12-27-08 at 11:13 PM. Reason: mistakenly left out quote
    12-27-08 11:12 PM
    When do that just brings up the most recent calls?
    12-27-08 11:22 PM
    voice dial for me and if you have more than one number for that person voice dial will ask which number to dial a lot safer than trying to mash a small key.
    12-27-08 11:27 PM
    Just turn dial from home off then press A or C find the name and press send. It will ask which number to call.

12-28-08 02:18 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD