At the end of every sync, I am asked if I want to accept any of twenty five updates. I'm reluctant to do so because just before the final step an ominous warning appears:

"Once complete, you must activate your device wirelessly to continue to send and receive e-mail messages and other Blackberry services. If you do not want to continue, click Cancel."

I don't have a clue how to "activate my device wirelessly". Nor do I understand what it means to "activate" a device that has already been activated ("REactivate", perhaps?).

At this point I cancel, since accepting these updates isn't worth the risk of losing my functionality.

Suggestions?
    04-04-10 10:33 PM
    sync like how? with what?

the registration thing you are asking about is just how the revice resends information to the network to make sure blackberry data services are connected, up and running properly. if anything, you would gain functionality from this, not lose it. usually this is done by resending your service books from your email setup menu or reregistering the HRT.
    04-04-10 11:56 PM
    If you are talking about syncing with Desktop Manager, then that message is basically saying there is an updated OS to be installed to your phone, I would imagine. And if you say YES to it, you will lose everything you have installed unless you have backups already. So perform a backup and a 3rd party backup as well before saying YES to an update.

After an update, you need to resend service books.
    04-05-10 06:55 AM
    Thank you both for your replies. jaydee5799, yours was particularly helpful.
    04-16-10 06:19 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD