I've got everything ready to go.
    DM version 4.6
    Crackmem 2.7
    New OS downloaded and installed
    Device backup through DM
    Backed up 3rd party apps per instructions

I just need to know what to do with my media card? Take it out? Leave it in? What?

Anything else I'm forgetting?

Also, after I upgrade, what am I going to have to go back and set manually to make it exactly like everything was? Is it going to be a PITA?
    What do I do with the backup file? Do I have to restore the device, or is it a 'just in case' thing?
    What else am I going to have to do in order to get HTML email and YouTube to work?
    Forgive me for not sifting through the hundreds of pages on this stuff. I thought this would be faster and easier.
    I'm minutes away here... just need some final reassurance.
    Last edited by tardman91; 10-10-08 at 08:34 PM.
    10-10-08 08:31 PM
    The only thing I had to change when I upgraded, not change, but go log in to my Jivetalk, reset my weathereye, and I think it was good to go..its not a PITA thing

Back it up after you are good to go also..
    10-10-08 08:37 PM
    I left my card in. But it's your choice. If you take it out, you will have to format it once you upgrade.

So its really your choice.

And do not forget to delete the Vendor file BEFORE you attach your BB after executing the new OS on your computer and opening DM.

And dont touch it at all during the process. It will notify you when your done and its successful.

GOOD LUCK!!!!! : )
    You can leave your memory card in, I left mine in when I upgraded and it was fine.
    For the HTML e-mail, you're not going to notice it until you get new mail. You'll have to enable the HTML in the mail by press thing BB key and selecting 'Get Images'.
    This board has been fantastic and it seems like you're ready to go!
    We're here if you need us.
    10-10-08 08:38 PM
    DM version 4.6
    Crackmem 2.7
    New OS downloaded and installed
    Device backup through DM
    Backed up 3rd party apps per instructions

I just need to know what to do with my media card? Take it out? Leave it in? What?

Anything else I'm forgetting?

Also, after I upgrade, what am I going to have to go back and set manually to make it exactly like everything was? Is it going to be a PITA?
    What do I do with the backup file? Do I have to restore the device, or is it a 'just in case' thing?
    What else am I going to have to do in order to get HTML email and YouTube to work?
    Forgive me for not sifting through the hundreds of pages on this stuff. I thought this would be faster and easier.
    I'm minutes away here... just need some final reassurance.
    as long as you are comfortable with doing the upgrade then it looks like you're ready. as for the media card i would take it out. i had to go back and reset some of my settings but not all of them. you should also be set to go on the html and youtube.
    10-10-08 08:39 PM
    If I leave my media card in will it reformat it for me? There's not really anything important on there.
    I just don't want it to screw anything up.
    I'd rather not have to take it out and wait for the damn thing to boot up again.
    10-10-08 08:45 PM
    I have done 5 upgrades and never took my card out or had problems with it. I have put the service books and register instructions below -- although it sounds like you're ready to do that as well. I have also included the proper browser settings, just in case. Good luck

Send Service Books: Click your internet email icon (the envelope with a gear in front of it)> click service books> click send service books.

Register Device: Click options> click advanced options> roll down and click host routing table> press your menu key> select register now> click back and close

Browser Settings: Browser settings for improved view. While in your browser, press menu key> options> browser configuration> check all the boxes> make sure browser is set to internet browser> show images set to On WML and HTML Pages> emulation mode set to BlackBerry> click back and save.
    10-10-08 08:46 PM
    If I leave my media card in will it reformat it for me? There's not really anything important on there.
    I just don't want it to screw anything up.
    I'd rather not have to take it out and wait for the damn thing to boot up again.
    Format Media Card in Device: Options> click media card> push menu key> select format card.
    10-10-08 08:47 PM
    Also...
    I'm going to use Crackmem. I read the directions and it says to DL and install everything, then connect to DM and kill it, then run crackmem (If DM asks me to upgrade just hit no or cancel or something?).
    It seems all the other instructions have you delete the vendor file before you connect the phone to DM.
    What should I do?
    10-10-08 08:49 PM
    Anyone? I'm about ready to pull the trigger here, just need to know about crackmem (see previous post).
    10-10-08 09:02 PM
    That is a lot of work if you ask my opinion but others might come along and say it's not.

I only installed the things I knew.
    What is crackmem?
    What is crackmem?
    It's a program designed to remove the vendor.xml file and other useless modules to save memory and install it all in one easy step.
    10-10-08 09:04 PM
    Ahhhhh thanks.
    Good luck with your upgrade. You can do this, I promise.

Just follow all of the directions and you will be posting your satisfaction within the hour.
    10-10-08 09:05 PM
    Also...
    I'm going to use Crackmem. I read the directions and it says to DL and install everything, then connect to DM and kill it, then run crackmem (If DM asks me to upgrade just hit no or cancel or something?).
    It seems all the other instructions have you delete the vendor file before you connect the phone to DM.
    What should I do?
    Ahhhhh thanks.
    Good luck with your upgrade. You can do this, I promise.

Just follow all of the directions and you will be posting your satisfaction within the hour.
    Thanks. I just need that one last question clarified and I'm doing it.
    10-10-08 09:07 PM
    I hope someone comes in and answers it for you real soon.
    If not, PM one of the Mods/Admins. They will help you in a jiffy. Reed is who I usually ask for help.
    10-10-08 09:09 PM
    use crackmem before you run DM. Crackmem will give you the option to launch DM once you are done with crackmem
    10-10-08 09:28 PM
    Well the process has begun. I decided to jump on the laptop and kill some time here waiting.
    One thing I noticed that I'm not too happy about... The upgrade uses UK English and not USA English. Oh well, I guess they're close enough.
    10-10-08 09:30 PM
    Crackmem deletes the vendor file. I don't think this is a question for the Mods.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    10-10-08 09:32 PM
    Is there any way to get a USA English language pack on there?
    10-10-08 09:33 PM
    You should have had an option to download or to install US english version. Send pete06 a pm and ask him how to go back and change to US english. Do not interrupt it.

Last edited by exelant; 10-10-08 at 09:44 PM.
    10-10-08 09:35 PM
    You should have had a option to install US english. Send pete06 a pm and ask him how to go back and change to US english. Do not interrupt it.

Said user not found.

How'd I miss that option. Crap.
    10-10-08 09:42 PM

You want to restore the back up if you want to read your old messages and have your address book, calendar, bookmarks, etc intact

Good Luck!
    10-10-08 09:43 PM
    SUCCESS!!
    Everything seems to have gone flawlessly. I also got the US English on there. Now it's time to go exploring!
    10-10-08 10:20 PM
37 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD