I went to check to see what OS I am running on my Sprint 8330 and I go to Options and click on About and nothing happens. When Sprint final released there 4.5 update (I guess it was a couple months ago now) I did the update and everything has been functional. I have no idea how long it has been like this. Any one heard of this? Thanks in advance.
    04-09-09 09:09 PM
    You can also find out your OS version my typing myver and hitting spacebar.
    04-09-09 09:11 PM
    Though there are other ways to find your OS, I'd be concerned that the "About" function doesn't work properly, could be a symptom of something wrong. What do you mean "nothing happens"?
    04-09-09 09:15 PM
    I will give that a shot. Do I have to be in Options?

I am pretty sure I am running .131. I am more concerned about something not working. I hope it is not a sign of other trouble.
    04-09-09 09:15 PM
    Though there are other ways to find your OS, I'd be concerned that the "About" function doesn't work properly, could be a symptom of something wrong. What do you mean "nothing happens"?
    Literally I click and absolutely nothing happens.
    04-09-09 09:16 PM
    No you can type it either in bbm if you have it or in a simple text to get your OS version.
    04-09-09 09:17 PM
    Yeah, I've heard of it. Nothing happens when you press About because you removed VAD (Voice Activated Dialing).

You can also pull up the Help screen by holding Alt+Shift, then press h.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    04-09-09 09:17 PM
    I did delete the VAD. (Dude! Is this person reading my mind? Is a new mind reading app on App World?)

I don't think there is anything in "About" that I will miss, is there?
    04-09-09 09:22 PM
    No mind reading app required. Lol.

It's a well known effect of removing the VAD.

04-09-09 09:25 PM
    No, you won't miss the About screen. Most of the info is on the Help screen.

04-09-09 09:26 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD