I got my Curve about 2 weeks ago, and absolutely love it (and Crackberry!). There's only one thing that bugs me about it...

I use the auto off/on feature at night, and I usually charge it every night. The rare nights that I don't plug it into the charger there's not a problem; but when the phone is turned off AND plugged into the charger, the LED light constantly blinks. And I have noticed that when it is fully charged, the light stays on. It might not sound like that big of an issue, but its really bright! And I like it to be absolutely dark when I sleep. I'd prefer to keep the phone nearby, as I use the alarm in the mornings.

So my question is, Is there any way to turn that light off?

Thanks in advance
    03-10-09 05:37 PM
    Options, Screen/Keyboard..... Look in there.... Maybe you can turn it off completely.......
    03-10-09 05:38 PM
    Ha!! lol!! It's not funny but I'm the same!! When my husband first had his BB he charged it every night in our bedroom, the ceiling was green!!! It's like being in a creepy horror movie!! Hope you get an answer.
    03-10-09 05:40 PM
    Thanks for the replies!

in options>screen/keyboard, I see options about backlight brightness, timeout, automatically dim backlight, and LED coverage indicator. I thought backlight was referring to the screen, right? I've played with those a bit already, and the LED coverage indicator is set to off. I don't see much else that would work for what I want to do, at least not yet!
    03-10-09 06:03 PM
    I don't think there is a way to turn it off. I have to sit the phone face-down on a t-shirt atop my dresser when it's charging at night, lol.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    03-10-09 06:32 PM
    I guess that might be what I have to do! I've been digging around the phone for a week looking for the option to turn it off, I was just hoping that I was overlooking it somewhere.
    03-10-09 06:36 PM
    I to use the auto on and off....I have it charging in another room.
    03-10-09 06:45 PM
    I charge it face down next to the bed on the floor on the carpet I haven't figured out ne ways to turn it off. Does ne one know if you have an alarm set for a time when the phone is in auto off mode will the alarm turn the phone on tov sound off??

03-10-09 10:57 PM
    I use the phone as an alarm every morning, and I also use the auto on/off feature. It works very well.
    03-11-09 04:46 AM
    Go to screen/keyboard under OPTIONS...and click OFF for LED Coverage indicator...this stops it from blinking all the time. If you like the blink during the day just put i back on...I was told it saves battery to have it off...
    03-11-09 03:58 PM
    when your phone is off and charging, the LED will always be on. there is no way to turn it off.. it is default that the light is on while charging (if you have your phone off).
    03-11-09 04:23 PM
    Just leave your phone on and turn off mobile network?

03-11-09 04:43 PM
    Ooops I just realized she said auto off/on...sorry.
    03-11-09 05:43 PM
    Yeah, the LED coverage thing is already off. Its just the charge LED that bugs me. Last night I just turned it face down on my night stand. I still noticed the light but not nearly as much, and I still heard the alarm this morning. So I suppose all is well
    03-11-09 07:32 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD