Hi:
    Everything started when I downloaded my handheld software 4.2.2. I followed all the instructions, deleted the vendor file etc. But now my BB has the App error 523 Reset. I went to all threads that talk about this issues and did everything they said. I've uninstalled and install back on both the DM and the handheld software 3 times now. Also I've pulled the battery I don't even remember how many times already. But wait, there is another problem, I can't even run my new software because the desktop manager says "disconnected". Are these 2 separate problems? or the DM says disconnected because it doesn't recognize the BB because of the error 523? I've been troubleshooting for 2 days now and I think it is so frustrating and a waste of time. Please somebody help! I love my curve but I'm not seeing any way around this, I'll have to go back to my old flip phone.

Thanks
    03-18-08 08:40 PM
    Don't give up the fight...

TRY THIS

Follow the instructions and hopefully this works. If not, I would call your service provider for a warranty replacement. If you are within your 30 days, I would return ASAP and get a new one.
    03-18-08 08:47 PM
    Have you read this thread?
    http://forums.crackberry.com/f33/hel...-message-7230/
    03-18-08 08:49 PM
    Did you back up your files? Check your pc before you call your service provider. Your berry is worth the extra effort. Good Luck and never, ever go back to flip

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    03-18-08 08:52 PM
    Hi:
    I did everything yet again for the fourth time and My BB is back, but I lost everything I had(so painful!), couldn't back up. Now my question is: Should I upgrade the OS and DM? I'm kind of hesitant to do this because all my problems started when I was trying to download the new OS...
    03-18-08 10:12 PM
    Which ones are you running now ?

03-18-08 10:17 PM
    Look at the threads and instructions the others posted. You can't just upgrade right now, you need to get around the java error first.
    03-18-08 10:17 PM
    Which ones are you running now ?

DM is 4.2.2.14
    OS is 4.2.2.170
    03-18-08 10:31 PM
    Honestly, I would wait until 4.3/4.5 are released before upgrading the OS.
    03-18-08 10:45 PM
    Hi:
    Crackberry rocks! Please guys help me in this recovery process! Before my BB died I had separate folders for all my emails, but now I only have the messages icon. I enter to my BIS address and all my emails are there, but I don't know how to make the folders. I edited them but didn't work. Should I delete all my emails in the BIS address and start from scratch opening new accounts from my cell? thanks
    03-18-08 10:55 PM
    Try going into the messages folder, press menu > options > general options. Last setting is MS and Email Inboxes, check that it is set to separate.
    03-18-08 11:01 PM
    Whats in the new OS and new DM???What are the features, what makes it better than the OS and DM the phone comes with?
    03-19-08 12:14 AM
    The new OS has video recording, better email, better web browsing, and faster wifi, to name a few.

03-19-08 07:41 AM
    way to stick with it and not give up its a BB, and we are addicts and we dont give up
    03-19-08 08:17 AM
    Hi:
    Crackberry rocks! Please guys help me in this recovery process! Before my BB died I had separate folders for all my emails, but now I only have the messages icon. I enter to my BIS address and all my emails are there, but I don't know how to make the folders. I edited them but didn't work. Should I delete all my emails in the BIS address and start from scratch opening new accounts from my cell? thanks
    are you sure those folders aren't just hidden?
    from the home screen press options to get to the icon screen>options again> show all
    03-19-08 08:18 AM
    DM 4.3 (latest version) and phone 4.2. That's my setup on Windows Vista.
    03-19-08 09:01 AM
    are you sure those folders aren't just hidden?
    from the home screen press options to get to the icon screen>options again> show all
    No they were not hidden. But I solved the problem. What I did was, went to my BIS address, deleted all emails and then open the email accounts back and it worked! All my folders with all my emails are in my homescreen again.

BTW, another question: How can I synchronize my contact list from yahoo to my cellphone? I used to do it with yahoo go, but yahoo go is not working for me anymore. Is it posible to do that? or Do I have to do it manually one by one?(ouch!!)
    Thanks
    03-19-08 10:21 AM
    If you go to Yahoo they do have an option to sync, and also you can set your DM to sync with your Yahoo as well.
    03-19-08 10:57 AM
    I also lost all my BB messenger contacts that I met through crackberry. Is there a way to find that people again?
    03-19-08 02:34 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD