What is the best way to remove body oils (from ears & hands, let's keep it clean people!) from the screen of my curve without damaging the finish?

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    03-27-08 09:02 AM
    You can use an electronic lens cleaner. If you have dust in random holes on ur BB, you can also use one of those keyboard air cleaners.
    03-27-08 09:23 AM
    You can use an electronic lens cleaner. If you have dust in random holes on ur BB, you can also use one of those keyboard air cleaners.
    Yup, I use the compressed air keyboard cleaner & it works perfectly for dust & whatnot in all the holes. As for cleaning the screen, I use the cloth I use for my laptop & a little bit of Monster screen/electronics cleaning solution.
    03-27-08 09:41 AM
    The perfect solution for cleaning this type of device is the proper blend microfiber cloth 30% Polyamide 70% Polyester

Search on eBay and you can get a big ol' box of em from Korea. I use them on my Laptop screen which has a gloss, my desktop PC screen, my blackberry, my HDTV I use them on everything they capture all dirt and leave no scratches.

Microfiber cloths have thousands of tiny fibers that pick up microscopic dirt. These fibers are 100 times smaller than a human hair and can be seen properly with an industrial microscope. They pick up dirt and fingerprint oil that your t-shirt or cotton cloth will always leave behind.

Hope this helps
    03-27-08 09:50 AM
    Well, I have been using my microfiber cloth that I use for my eye glasses, and that doesn't seem to do the trick. I think that I'll have to give that monster screen clean solution a go.

Thanks all.
    03-27-08 10:33 AM
    I love Monster.. it works for BB, my PC, laptop, & TV!

Good luck!
    03-27-08 10:35 AM
    scrotch tape
    03-27-08 04:41 PM
    You also might want to blow on your phone first before you start wiping to remove the dust particles coz they're the ones responsible for those tiny swirl marks and scratches.

03-27-08 04:47 PM
    What is the best way to remove body oils (from ears & hands, let's keep it clean people!) from the screen of my curve without damaging the finish?
    Well first of all, I covered my entire Curve with an Invisible Shield (invisibleSHIELD | iPod Cases, Screen Protectors, Covers, Shields, Skins, Invisible Shield. With the Invisible Shield on my Curve, I could use oven cleaner and it wouldn't hurt my the finish on my case.

Now every morning, I use a cotton cloth dampened with Windex and wipe down my Curve to get any oil off. Then I apply a quick coat of Brillianize (Brillianize) to finish off my daily maintenance of my Curve.

Voila. Always looks brand new like it just came out of the box.
    03-27-08 06:50 PM
    Jeans usually does it....
    03-27-08 10:48 PM
    Well first of all, I covered my entire Curve with an Invisible Shield (invisibleSHIELD | iPod Cases, Screen Protectors, Covers, Shields, Skins, Invisible Shield. With the Invisible Shield on my Curve, I could use oven cleaner and it wouldn't hurt my the finish on my case.

Now every morning, I use a cotton cloth dampened with Windex and wipe down my Curve to get any oil off. Then I apply a quick coat of Brillianize (Brillianize) to finish off my daily maintenance of my Curve.

Voila. Always looks brand new like it just came out of the box.
    Are you being funny...or are you serious?
    03-27-08 10:49 PM
    I use a damp rag

03-27-08 10:54 PM
    100% cotton t-shirt with a little alcohol. The screen has a protector(plastic) shield on it
    03-27-08 10:58 PM
    Well, I have been using my microfiber cloth that I use for my eye glasses, and that doesn't seem to do the trick. I think that I'll have to give that monster screen clean solution a go.

Thanks all.
    Microfiber is engineered in different "patterns" . The microfiber cloths that come with eye glasses are purposefully a very soft pattern, and they don't possess the same ability to grab all of the dirt as other patterns.

Here is a picture of what a pattern would look like to pick up all the dirt and oils..usually a 70/30 blend is best

Here's what it might look like microscopically.

I know the type of eyeglass cloth you are speaking of, and there are different cloths
    03-27-08 11:12 PM
    wow i use my tshirt
    03-27-08 11:22 PM
    i use my shirt also. i had no idea it was bad and could scratch my screen. i haven't noticed any damage yet.
    03-28-08 12:08 AM
    i use my shirt also. i had no idea it was bad and could scratch my screen. i haven't noticed any damage yet.
    It's not bad I would say.. the only problem is that the t-shirt leaves dirt behind, and then when you continue to rub it the dirt will scratch it. So I guess it's not the shirt that's bad but the dirt... I like the microfiber because it eats up the dirt hehe
    03-28-08 12:59 AM
    Yeah I use my sleeve or my jeans.
    Works good!

03-28-08 03:53 AM
    Microfibre cloth really does bring my bb back to box fresh condition. Blowing on it works too, just don't do it while on a call. The caller may think your a perv heavy breather lol.

03-28-08 07:18 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD