Everytime my 8830 BB has the slightest bit of impact it reboots itself. I can sit it down on a soft surface like the bed and it will reboot.

Has anyone had this situation?

Also is there a way to recover items deleted? There was a time when I sent emails or deleted emails with my aol box and the sent messages would appear in the sent folder as well as the deleted messages would be gone. Now if I read on the BB I have to read or delete in the aol mail box additionally what I send from the BB does not show up on aol.
    Last edited by MsBBDiva; 11-26-08 at 07:55 PM. Reason: trying to edit title to 8330
    11-17-08 06:53 AM
    Your rebooting on minor impact is not normal. If the phone is new, have Sprint replace it under warranty.

I don't understand your second question. I'm on BES and items deleted on my BlackBerry show up in the deleted items folder on my PC. That may not work the same way for AOL mail.
    11-17-08 10:49 PM
    And I can't remember where I found a possible reason but it may be due to either the sim card or microSD card if you have them inserted.

I removed both and I haven't had it reboot during slight impact for quite awhile.

I will eventually re-insert the microSD card and/or try different brands.

I will leave the SIM card out as I don't intend to use this outside of NA anyways.

Just wondering why this is in the 8330 forum.
    Last edited by lg777; 11-20-08 at 07:48 PM.
    11-19-08 03:37 PM
    I should be titled 8330, I had a 8830 initally my bad..

But all of these 8330's come with microSD cards, one gig. I now upgraded to a 4 but I do not think its recognizing it but it still keeps rebooting. I had it on my coat this evening and just sat it down and it rebooted. The microSD card has been reinserted several times and its still and issue. If you happen to find the answer please post it. In the meantime while I look for a new tech writer contract and I am off I will take it to Sprint when its less busy. This phone is only two months old!
    11-26-08 07:58 PM
    Is the battery in there firmly not loose at all right?

You've taken out the SD card and it continue's to re-boot?
    11-26-08 08:19 PM
    Nope and yep.. :-(
    11-26-08 08:28 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD