Hi, im new to blackberries. I just got a new 8800 a few minutes ago as a gift. I was wondering what is the diffrence between the curve and the 8800? I know the curve is smaller and has no gps but has a camera. Are there any diffrences in the OS?
    06-24-07 03:35 PM
    Very small differences in the OS, hardly anything noticeable. I think the main thing is the 8300 has spell check included in the OS. I'm pretty sure future OS versions for the 8800 will probaby have this included also.
    06-24-07 03:50 PM
    Many like the 8300 for size, feel, keyboard layout, spell check and oooh! don't forget the 2mp camera that is a hit for new and old blackberry users. I currently own an 8800 which I think this is the coolest, sexiest, and just drop dead gorgeous phone.
    Last edited by outlawglamour; 06-24-07 at 04:12 PM.
    06-24-07 04:10 PM
    Thanks outlaw and kasperapd!

@Outlaw - I was a sidekick user for a long time. Ive used sk2 and sk3. Would you say that the balckberry is easy to use? The only thing I dont like about the 8800 is that it doesnt have a camera... I dont use it alot but do you find yourself in situations where u wished you had a camera on the 8800?
    06-24-07 04:22 PM
    The BB is vey easy to use, and if you want a camera, the Pearl or the Curve are the only options. I used the 8800 and liked it very much, but just didnt need the GPS functions on it. For me, the Curve was a no brainer. It has a full QWERTY, small size, and of course has a camera to snap some quick picks of my kiddo!
    06-24-07 04:24 PM
    I have been in places where I thought about a camera on the phone, being that I am a former Palm Treo 650 user. The blackberry is very user friendly and not really hard to navigate through the menus.

I was surprised at the ase of use on this unit because I have been a die hard Palm user for years with the touch screen which enabled you to quickly access a program just like that without menu navigation. So when I finally decided to try the Blackberry 8800 and saw the useful features I was hooked.
    06-24-07 05:13 PM
    Had a Curve as my first BB for almost a month...like the form, keypad, earpiece volume, RF, simplicity of OS and stability. Frankly, I may never use the camera...but nice that it's there if I ever do.

I ordered an AT&T 8800 last week, and should have it in a couple of days. I actually played around with one before and chose the 8300 over it...but I could get the 8800 for a ridiculously low price, so why not. It is a little bigger, and more "business formal" so I will probably end up using it more as an at-work phone than the Curve. I actually justified buying it as a "backup device" for my 8300...but really, I just wanted a new toy. LOL

I am going to enjoy them both!! I am pretty much hooked on BlackBerry now.
    06-24-07 06:26 PM
    Crackberry is a good name for this sit because BB are like crack. I will use this 8300 (curve) for forever i think it blows the others out because of its spell check, weight, user friendly and camera. i love it i take it over the 8800 which i used to be in a long term relationship with. Love it BUY IT!!!
    06-24-07 10:39 PM
    GPS is another big difference! The 8800 has it, the Cruve doesn't...
    06-25-07 05:20 AM
    GPS is another big difference! The 8800 has it, the Cruve doesn't...
    I've got an oem GPS Navi system (with Voice Recognition and Real Time Traffic Info w/ Rerouting) in my car...who needs it on their phone anyhow? Unless you're hiking through the mountains and get lost, I personally don't think that a GPS is that big of a deal for a cellphone/pda smartphone anyhow.
    06-25-07 03:07 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD