Has the build quality of the 8330 improved since it was released? I had an 8330 a few months ago and I just bought a new one recently. I remember the build quality to be a little better in the past. I know that sometimes build quality decreases as the device is on the market for a while and gets more inexpensive. In addition, is everyone experiencing a little tiny hissing background noise when on a call? Is that just normal radio noise?
    04-23-09 12:26 PM
    I bought mine about 2 years ago. Mine hase been run over by a quad and never cracked. Also I have no hissing noise @ all

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    04-23-09 12:33 PM
    I got mine in November...broke it a week ago (ok, there was a tiny chip in my screen, drove me nuts) I did an insurance claim and my bb is no different than the one I bought in November. I don't have the hissing either.
    04-23-09 12:45 PM
    You did an insurance claim for a tiny chip in your screen?

How much of a deductible did you have to pay? You could've replaced the screen for under $15, maybe as low as $10.
    04-23-09 02:04 PM
    So no one is getting any type of a background sound?
    04-23-09 03:00 PM
    So no one is getting any type of a background sound?
    Have you done a *228, option 2 update for your PRL lately?

If the hissing is on all calls, and with strong signal, then I would think there is a hardware issue.
    04-23-09 03:05 PM
    Have you done a *228, option 2 update for your PRL lately?

If the hissing is on all calls, and with strong signal, then I would think there is a hardware issue.
    I just updated the PRL file yesterday. The sound is not very loud but I know that some Blackberries give off that airplane background type of a sound. This one is not really bad, but I can still hear it. I just bought the phone, should I exchange it?
    04-23-09 03:33 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD