I just got an 8330m, at least Im 99% sure it is. It shows an MEID, not an ESN.

Anyways, I just got pic mail from my girlfriend and it sent me a link with a passcode. So, whats the deal? Do I need .175?

Thanks,
    Frankie
    01-04-10 10:17 PM
    Did she actually load the pic from her phone and send it via MMS, or did she just send you a link to a pic? And was it an MMS message, or an email?

Jack
    01-04-10 11:51 PM
    Call your carrier. Some of them handle mms pics this way. At least att and sprint used to if they don't still. I'm not on either of them so I can't tell you how they do it now. But this is more likely than not, a carrier issue and not a problem with your phone.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    01-05-10 05:21 AM
    I'm on Sprint and MMS works IF the message is sent as a MMS and not an email with attachment.
    01-05-10 07:54 AM
    MMS works fine on my 8330m - if it is sent as an MMS. What does your "About" screen say?
    01-05-10 09:44 AM
    She sent the pic via MMS from her Storm within the first like 10 mins I had the phone activated and I got it about 5 hours later. I had a couple friends send me pics and I get them right away and the pics were embedded. I dont know what the deal was but I guess its working now. It may have come up that way cuz I had just activated the phone and my VZW 8830 couldnt receive MMS so maybe thats why it showed as a link. If I have more issues I'll post back but I think its good to go now lol

Thanks for the suggestions though
    01-05-10 11:57 AM
    Maybe it was just a bug-a-boo delay from your carrier, or maybe someone just forgot to actually click the right button and activate your phone.
    Glad to hear it's working now though. Enjoy your phone.

Jack
    01-05-10 01:43 PM
    Well, it happened again from someone that had already sent me a pic before. It said "A Picture or Video Message has been sent to you from an Alltel customer. To see it, go to Multimedia Message Access Your Passcode is: ******" Whats funny is she has AT&T, not Alltel. We texted back and forth a lil and then she sent another pic and it came through embedded in the message. Im totally lost!!
    01-09-10 06:51 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD