What will happen if I remove the Korean & Chinese software? Will it help memory, speed or anything else? Still new to my phone. Any feedback would greatly be appreciated. (Software under options, advanced options, applications)

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    08-08-09 10:19 AM
    i don't think you need it , i deleted mine and have no trouble and it did improve my memory.......but i would wait for some more responses before you do it just in case i screwed up..
    08-08-09 10:46 AM
    Delete it. If for some reason it does screw it up u can just re-download the software. Should help with memory and maybe bootup speed but nothing else I would think

08-08-09 10:52 AM
    i don't think you need it , i deleted mine and have no trouble and it did improve my memory.......but i would wait for some more responses before you do it just in case i screwed up..
    Thank you! I will give it a try.

08-08-09 12:10 PM
    Delete it. If for some reason it does screw it up u can just re-download the software. Should help with memory and maybe bootup speed but nothing else I would think

Thank You! I will give it a try.

08-08-09 12:12 PM
    You only need it if you want to read or write chinese or korean characters. RIM recommends you delete files for any languages you aren't going to use to free up valuable onboard memory.
    08-08-09 12:35 PM
    Thank you all! I tried it and it seems like my phone works faster. Have a great day! ;-)

08-08-09 01:10 PM
    Same applies to other "features" that you will never use. You can remove the TTY Hearing Aid Support, Help Files, Task Manager, Carrier Theme, etc. to free up memory as well.

It is always a good idea to make a backup, especially before doing any modifications to your BB. Back up your 3rd party themes and applications periodically as well, the regular backup does not do this:

http://forums.crackberry.com/f3/upda...updated-53201/
    08-08-09 01:41 PM
    Thanks for the info.
    08-09-09 08:45 PM
    Thanks for the tip on backing up 3rd party appls.

08-13-09 10:39 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD