Greets Everyone,

First post!

So, that aside I have recently been having some issues with my 8330m. I'm running the latest OS - .175, and for the last week I have not been able to access the web browser at all. It won't work and keeps giving me an "Error, server may be busy" popup. I've done battery pulls, cleared browser cache and cookies etc. and still it wont work. However, I can visit the crackberry website and forums because I installed and launcher, and my Viigo still updates regularly.

It's also been dropping calls a huge amount lately, and when I do finally get a call to stay connected I get regular complains of my voice cutting in and out.

BBM (5.0) has also been sending messages very slowly recently, and even recieveing them, at times they are sent and recieved hours later than they should have been.

If it matters, i'm in Canada with Bell. I did contact them and was told that my account is open and there is no outstanding balance (and therefore, my connection has not been cut off).

Any help would be great, thanks in advance!
    01-20-10 02:15 PM
    Did you ask them for any help with your problem? And try resending your service books.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    01-20-10 03:00 PM
    if you are typing in the address do not use the www. in front of the address and see if that lets it go through.
    01-20-10 03:07 PM
    VDK,

Yeah I did visit a Bell location today, and the guy there pretty much gave me the run around - not very helpful at all. He told me to go to the location I bought it from as their fee's for shipping might be different or some nonsense.

Service books resent - no help.

@plunk,
    It does work without the www infront, however - I can't access my bookmarks (which are mobile urls).

I am still under warranty.

There is still the issue of the unusually bad connection as well. So, is this something I should look into trying to have serviced by RIM? Are these just normal occurances? I've had the berry for 5 months now, and the problems started right around xmas.
    01-20-10 04:22 PM
    Your device may be bad or the signal... there is a prl update that gives you updated towers and roaming and that may help. You need to type in the correct address and rebookmark them if I understand what you are saying. Did they ever work?

I think you would have a one year warranty on the phone from your carrier. Do other phones with that carrier cut out and drop calls?
    01-21-10 02:06 AM
    I would be furious at this point. After all, what's the point in having a cell phone if it doesn't do what it's supposed to? These cell providers are bull****. I would go back to the store, ask for a manager directly. If you do decide to go back to the store, be polite but very firm and definately don't let them send you out of there with a refurb.
    01-21-10 09:11 AM
    Plunk,

The bookmarks I have did at one point and time work, but now they don't. If I type in bell.ca instead of wx3.bell.ca (cant post links yet lol) it will take me to their mobile home site - but if I try and click a link from there it won't work.

I have had other phones through Bell before, and while there has always been the occasional connection issue, it was never as bad as what my berry is currently.

I guess I will take it to the store tomorrow while I am at work and see what they say, it's just kind of a dissapointment as this is my first berry and as of now I am regretting my decision to get one.

What makes it worse is I am a student who can barely afford gas to get to class haha, so unless this fix is going to be completely free of charge I will have to live with the phone as it is
    01-22-10 12:46 PM
    If it is under one year old and no physical damage it should be free.... mention the prl may not be current and ask them to update it for you...
    01-22-10 01:37 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD