I recently posted but said I had an 8830,I have a problem with the curve 8330 not vibrating. I transferred vib/ring app from old Pearl activated it and still nothing. I un-activated it and still won't vibrate even on vibrate profile. Any suggestion would be appreciated.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    03-13-09 11:41 AM
    Where did you get the device?
    03-13-09 11:42 AM
    If its that important that it vibrate, is it possible to replace the phone through your insurance?
    03-13-09 11:43 AM
    I bought it used off Ebay. You really think it is the phone and not an app conflict?

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    03-13-09 12:33 PM
    I dont think its an app conflict, considering it wont vibrate at all.
    03-13-09 12:36 PM
    How did you remove the VibAndRing app from your Curve? Did you go to Options > Advanced Options > Applications and delete from there? Did you answer yes to Reset the device after you delete that way? If you didn't try a battery pull with the phone on to reset it.

FYI, I also made the switch from a Pearl to a Curve and the VibAndRing app worked seamlessly after the switch. The only thing that didn't of course was a theme I had purchased for the Pearl.
    03-13-09 12:45 PM
    I did delete the vibandring app, still didn't work. Think I have a bad phone and wasn't told before I bought it.
    03-13-09 01:50 PM
    Contact the seller. If you can't work it out, initiate a PayPal claim. PayPal usually sides with the seller in disputes. When you file a claim, PayPal will freeze the assets in the seller's account. That usually motivates the seller to resolve the claim.
    03-13-09 02:07 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD