My old Curve finally seems to have died. And like an ***** I haven't backed up in a LONG time. I would like to retrieve my contacts if possible.

Here's what happened. I plugged it in to charge yesterday and as soon as I did the light came on steady red and screen went blank. This happened one other time and it was a bad media card. So, I yanked the battery and the media card. Now the phone "tries" to boot. The red light comes on for about 15 seconds and then instead of the white screen with the hourglass, the screen flickers then stays black and the red light goes off. After about 6-7 seconds the red light comes back on and again stays on for about 15 seconds. Round and round. It's like it starts to boot but can't get to the white screen but is trying.

I was hoping to do something with the Blackberry Desktop Software. But, when the light goes off the computer no longer recognizes the phone. So, it acts like I am plugging/unplugging the phone over and over. Light comes on, computer recognizes it. Light goes off, it loses it. Over and over. So, the computer won't recognize the phone long enough to try anything.

Any suggestions???
    Last edited by nvr8nf; 09-19-11 at 01:58 PM.
    09-19-11 01:46 PM
    i just pulled battery out and booted yp in 1:53 mins
    09-20-11 08:30 PM
    Yeah my chit is toasted. It finally got a "no OS" error(can't remember the number, maybe 502?) and installed the OS. It worked but all my stuff was wiped.

Luckily I had 90% om my contacts in my previous phone and I picked up a like brand new 8330. Now if I could just get threaded sms on a 8330 I keep this one for two years! LOL
    09-23-11 08:43 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD