A co-worker somehow either entered the wrong password too many times or something was not right with his phone. Either way after 10 attempts his phone cleared itself as it was supposed to do. The problem is he cannot get data service now even after sending the service books. Any thoughts?
    ( he did not have his phone backed up even after he was advised to back it up several times)
    07-21-09 10:43 AM
    Re-send the service books and do a battery pull, see if that works

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    07-21-09 10:49 AM
    Thanks for the quick reply. Have tried to resend service books and right after did a battery pull. Have done this 3 times so for with no luck.
    07-21-09 10:53 AM
    I'd re-register the host routing tables (Options, advanced, host routing tables, menu, register now. Do a battery pull and see if that helps.
    07-21-09 11:43 AM
    Is re-registering the host routing tables and resending the service books 2 differant things? For some reason I thought they were the same just with differant names.
    07-21-09 11:53 AM
    You must have tried this already, but they are two different things.

Sending service books will just push the services to your BB, registering the Host Routing Table will reset your connection with the RIM servers.

From the description of your problem, it sounds like you need to Register the Host Routing Table as suggested. The most common symptom that you need to do this is your browser icon is missing.
    07-21-09 01:22 PM
    If all that fails check the manage connections icon and make sure the service is turned on there.
    07-21-09 01:25 PM
    Try "Manage Connections" then make sure "Mobile Network" and "Data Services" are turned on.
    07-21-09 03:28 PM
    Options-mobile network-menu-diagnostics-menu-run. This will do both service books and host routing table and show you exactly what's not going through.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    07-21-09 04:08 PM
    Mine did the same thing. I got in car to take it to Verizon and started down road and it came back on. Hasn't done it again since. Its weird but I think it had something to do with signal in house.
    07-21-09 04:32 PM
    Thanks all. After about 15 tries of sending the books, registering the host routing tables and many battery pulls the thing started working for him this afternoon. Must work when it wants to. Thanks again.
    07-21-09 04:38 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD