It's a great phone. It does a fairly nice job of making you feel like you are using a BB, but at the same time, something that's a little different. But if you are a speed typer, then the storm just seems too slow.
    11-27-08 12:05 AM
    I got the storm the day it came out. I am a texter/emailer and i cannot stand this phone~! When people call and I either press the ANSWER key on the screen or press the actual button it won't answer the call. its been happening ever since I bought it. Not to mention the fact that its SLOW and really just doesnt work. I like the look, I like the screen, but I need a keyboard....im contemplating just returning it and going over to ATT and getting the BB Bold.....any thoughts/advice????
    11-27-08 12:24 AM
    After being a previous ATT user (with iPhone) and also reading many reviews of att phones, the service pretty much sucks (which is sad, sad, sad news). However, the Bold seems to be an incredible phone. I'm currently going to return my storm, get a new curve, pop in the new OS, add a Bold Theme and pretend like i have the bold (to lie to myself) until the 89xx version comes out on vzw (most likely 6-9 mo) and pay (most likely) full price for it because I'll most likely absolutely want it. But if you are a serious texter/emailer like many BB users, then it's probably safe to say you want a physical keyboard. I returned to verizon after att for the storm, and I'm sadly leaving the storm, but keeping vzw. As much as the CS might suck (and to be honest, who doesn't have a bad CS time sometimes with any carrier...), the service is too good, to fast, and too reliable to leave.

Then again, this is just my .02...
    11-27-08 12:31 AM
    I am a new user to black berry world and I decided to try out the storm since I was able to take advantage of the buy one get one free from verizon. I had my storm for 11 days and I tried two different cases on it, both did not make me feel like the phone was very safe. I also found that inputing on either key board was very easy. I am a person that does do a lot of talking over text and SMS. I also found the ability to select things on the browser to be a bit difficult, I am a frequent user of ESPN and was not able to select the items that I wanted with ease, since my finger had to go over the items that I wanted to select. I happily took my storm, "Iphone wantabe", back and was willing to pay the restocking fee of $35 to switch over to the Curve. I have only have it for two days and I have found it to be much easier to type on and search on the web.
    03-15-09 08:02 PM
    I think I fall in the with the majority here. I purchased the Storm during the Christmas holiday, when I first got the phone I thought it was the newest thing out so I could make this work, "NOT" I called Verizon within the 30 days and spoke to a CS rep and they of course said give it a chance, and I did, a good 3 mos. and change but I just couldn't do it any longer. The typing was a mess, the screen rotation was a mess, selecting an item was a mess even answering calls was sometimes a mess.....and to top it off within the almost 4 mos. that I had the phone it also had to be replaced also after a number of visits to tech support. Well needless to say, the Storm went back into it's box and out came my good ole trusty Curve and I must say that I'm very happy with it. The one thing the Storm had that I thought I might miss was spell checker in both email and text, but I just found a spell checker app by empower that does the same thing so I'm def a happy camper.

Don't know I may give the Storm another try later on after Verizon releases an official OS update to work the bugs out but until then the Curve it is, I just think I'm truly a qwerty board gal for life
    03-15-09 10:15 PM
    I bought the storm about 2 weeks ago and have been fustrated 99% of the time using it... It takes way too long to recognize my typing, as in I can type the word out and it pauses for a sec before it finishes the word on the screen, then i notice i misspelled a word and have to go back... aggrivating!!
    The os is sluggish, my camera takes decent pictures of things that don't move, but it generally takes like 10s to focus... most of my pictures turn out blurry... It's ok though, i can look at the pictures like the iphone, and slide the pictures back and forth, oh no wait... it sucks at doing that too, the phone gets disorientated and flips upside down sometimes... ugh!!

After reading all the reviews, i suppose i'll take it back and try out the curve...
    Last edited by me2dumb4college; 04-24-09 at 10:04 AM.
    04-24-09 10:01 AM
    I bought the storm about 2 weeks ago and have been fustrated 99% of the time using it... It takes way too long to recognize my typing, as in I can type the word out and it pauses for a sec before it finishes the word on the screen, then i notice i misspelled a word and have to go back... aggrivating!!
    The os is sluggish, my camera takes decent pictures of things that don't move, but it generally takes like 10s to focus... most of my pictures turn out blurry... It's ok though, i can look at the pictures like the iphone, and slide the pictures back and forth, oh no wait... it sucks at doing that too, the phone gets disorientated and flips upside down sometimes... ugh!!

After reading all the reviews, i suppose i'll take it back and try out the curve...
    I took mine back after 2 weeks and got a curve. What a POS that storm was. Hopefully RIM will get it right with the next storm.
    04-24-09 10:06 AM
    In hopes that others will read this first, I'd like to add my response.

The Blackberry Storm is a Horrid junky junk excuse for a phone.

"Man, You need to try the new OS" - Did that and it speed the phone up a good bit. Ok - 1 "junk"

"Your not a techie" Yes, I'm a tech junky and for a living But the storm officially lacks usefulness and speed compared to a Curve.

"Themes would help for sure!" Yes, they helped me keep my storm for an extra 10% of the total time. Still it is a storm.

It is like the Windows Vista of the OS world. It is very neat, looks good, smells good, but when you get right down to using it. It fails.

Storm = Fail

Do Not fool your self and find some crazy reason to justify it!

Hope this has helped.
    04-30-09 12:47 PM
33 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD