Just wanted to say i just went to play with the storm at a verizon store near me and am NOT impressed at all with the storm. Anyone else think the tactic typing on teh storm vs that of the 8330 sucks? i actually froze the phone cause i typed to fast on it something my "ancient" curve has no problem doing.
    11-21-08 08:34 PM
    your prob not used to the typing. it was like me with the iphone. me and my buddy swapped phones for a couple of weeks and i ended up getting used to the typing on the iphone and it came out to be pretty easy. i don't know if the typing on the iphone is any much different then the storm. personally i'll rather stick to my 8310 with a physical keyboard
    11-21-08 09:24 PM
    I have been hearing of alot of the 'freezing' you are talking about, i have not touched a Storm yet either...
    11-21-08 09:28 PM
    The problem is blackberry tried to copy the iphone to much and didnt even do a proper job of it. The accelerometer (or gyro not sure which it uses) to detect the position of the phone to switch from portrait to landscape took about 3-5 seconds are minimum and sometimes up to around 15 seconds to switch the layout of the phone.. not the smooth transition the iphone has... also sometimes you had to shake the phone to actually get it to recognize you turned it. personally i am waiting for the curve 2 to reach sprint before i get a new bb (unless i mess up the replacement screen.. the first one i got was scratched but i already broke the original lens so i am stuck with one i can pry off with my fingers and has 5 scratches that i got in the mail until the new one comes)...
    Also it was funny cause the verizon rep had no idea what she was talking about. All she kept repeating was "name another phone that has a 3.2 mp camera" and didnt understand when i told her i dont care what the qualify of the camera on the phone is.. i have an 8 mp camera for pictures... 3.2 isnt that good for me to give up a real digital camera....also how "pretty" the Babylon A.D. trailer movie on it looked.. Truthfully, i have a 30 gig archos that i watch movies on.. i can put a ton more on that then i can on a blackberry storm.
    Also it is a nice feature having a noise canceling microphone built into the phone (i guess) but i have a jaw bone for that and isnt a must have..
    All in all i froze the demo storm about 4 times.. 3 times by typing to fast and 1 time by scrolling a webpage to fast.. I guess i will be sticking to my curve for a lot longer
    11-21-08 10:46 PM
    I just returned my storm to go back to my curve.
    11-21-08 10:56 PM
    Just wanted to say i just went to play with the storm at a verizon store near me and am NOT impressed at all with the storm. Anyone else think the tactic typing on teh storm vs that of the 8330 sucks? i actually froze the phone cause i typed to fast on it something my "ancient" curve has no problem doing.
    I was curious if this was going to be an issue. Going to have to try it for myself. Thanks for posting.
    11-21-08 11:40 PM
    I have used both and personally I would go with the curve if you are a heavy texter/emailer. If youre more into the media aspect, go for the storm.
    11-22-08 12:46 AM
    After trying out the demo in the store I can navigate better on my curve. When I type on my curve I can feel when I make a mistke while typing. I can quickly backspace and make the correction. I'm also not ready to give up the shortcut keys I use from my home screen.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    11-22-08 06:08 AM
    I played with the Storm yesterday and was not all that impressed. I have been out of contract for a couple months and waited for the Storm before deciding on a new phone. I wanted to love it and get it, but I was not impressed and disappointed. It will be a work device, heavy email/text/voice, not too concerned about the media stuff, but I thought it would be really nice to have.

I am also new to BB, so I do not have a prejudice. I currently have a Moto Q, the storm release reminds me a lot of the Q release. It was heavily hyped as the BB killer. The phone was very buggy in the beginning, got better, but never great. I can not wait to get rid of it.

Bottom line - I do not think I could be as productive with the storm. I am going to keep reading and play more with it before making a final decision.
    11-22-08 06:31 AM
    I to wasnt overly impressed after messing with the floor demo... Typing was just terrible.. I know, everyone says give it some time, but my thought is if I cant type as fast as I do with my curve, then why bother. Im on a BES so im heavy on work emails and IM.... Oh well.. LOVE my curve.. !!
    11-22-08 07:04 AM
    This is something very hard for me to say, but if blackberry wants to take a lesson on how to make a good touch screen interface, they really need to go take a look at teh dell axim x51v.. i still have one that i use for all my wifi related stuff and i have a separate calender on that (i really dont want my work stuff on my blackberry cause then i couldnt choose to "leave it at home")
    With HTC Geek porting winmobo 6.1 onto the x51v the thing runs amazingly smooth (and i hate winmobo vs bb).. i can type with my fingers faster on my axim then i could on the storm and teh keys on the axim are ment for a stylus not your fingers..

p.s. i really feel bad for the suckers who destroyed curve's on the win a storm contest anticipating the crackberry staff would actually look at that as productive (instead of the sacrilegious act that we all know destroying a curve to be)
    11-22-08 09:37 AM
    All this stuff is going to leave a lot of people Canside very upset- Telus and Bell have been promising the Storm out for Christmas and from the sounds of it RIM will have to hold back any new Storms to bug fix.

Personally I will wait for the new curve. I don't know when it became uncool to have a keyboard on your phone, but personally I think anything that isn't a keyboard trying to be a keyboard will fail horribly. I wouldn't buy a computer without a keyboard, why would I buy a BB without one?

Poor Storm...It may turn out to be an awesome device once it's all debugged but at the moment I'm going to sit here with my Curve.
    11-22-08 06:05 PM
    I am also very disappointed with the Storm. I pains me to say that RIM dropped the ball on this one. As many other crackberry members have been saying, typing is very important to me. Most of my correspondence is done through email, text, or if I'm lucky, BBM.
    Typing on the Storm simply was not efficient. The sleek design and flashy OS is not enough for me.
    11-22-08 06:25 PM
    I played with the Storm on Friday too and was not at all impressed either. I mean, it looks cool, but it was super slow. Also didn't like the gap between the display and housing. Seems like there will be a lot of cleaning issues if dust and fuzzies get caught in there. Prior to playing with one, I was actually considering buying it, at full retail, mainly just to have the latest thing. Glad I didn't. I don't think I could live without a keyboard. It's part of what makes a blackberry a blackberry.
    11-23-08 03:37 AM
    I've had the storm for 5 days now, and as much as I do love the phone (new to BB, so maybe that is it), I think i might end up taking it back for a Curve. I wish the new Curve (8930 or whatever they'll call it) was coming out sooner, but I suppose I'll just have to pay top dollar for that when it comes out. The curve is a decent phone as well, correct? I'm just disappointed that I waited already to open with a new service and now I have to get an older phone and pay full price for a new one midway through my contract...
    11-26-08 07:10 PM

ME TOO!! I dreaded that phone (storm). I was so excited on the drive back to verizon just to get my curve back!
    11-26-08 07:59 PM
    I had an Instinct which is very similar, I didnt even want to try the storm b/c I already knew how the keyboard is. I like the curve better.
    11-26-08 08:02 PM
    I tried the storm in the store and I did not like it, but I'm not a fan of touch screens, so...
    11-26-08 08:13 PM
    guess its BOLD FTW!
    11-26-08 09:55 PM
    same here. I gave it an honest shot and couldnt stand it in the end. I loved it when i first touched it, but slowly i began to really get antsy since it was so slow. The screens never switched, it would freeze, typing was a pain and its to fragile for my liking. I felt like i had to "baby" it. my curve is in great shape and its been through tough times but its like a tank. Storm was cool to talk about, show a friend, brag for a second since i was the 1st one to get one at the local best buy but then if I needed to do something on it...impossible.
    11-26-08 10:28 PM
    I would love to have Bold, but it's not available on VZW. Have the Curve, and enjoy it. Just wish it was a little faster. Didn't like the storm. Many bugs with the version in the store. A battey pull may have helped, but I wasn't willing to take that chance. The Curve will be my blackberry until the next qwerty keyboard model for VZW comes out; if it's faster than the Curve.

11-26-08 10:40 PM
    The only thing about the curve I have not like is the browser. It just does not do some things (like some forms of web mail) well. If that were tweaked I would be very happy. I have never found a touch screen I like for typing.
    11-26-08 10:49 PM
    I'm not surprised to hear people want their curve back. The curve is an AWESOME phone. Its like the Honda Civic or the old VW bug, its awesome and it just works. Yet it looks like a cadillac, true its style is starting to get slowley outdated but its still an awesome phone and new updates and software just keep making it better!! When skyfire browser comes out, this baby will have flash and a super fast browser with out the crapiness of touchscreen keyboard(iphone) or crappy buggy OS (any win mo device) Long live the King, Curve 4 Life.

11-26-08 11:15 PM
    How can you even compare the two?!

Enough said...

11-26-08 11:16 PM
    What I'm sure someone said already but do you realize you played with a DEMO that 500 other people have played with. If you get a chance try a none demo one and you might change your mind. Maybe not but its worth a try.

11-27-08 12:00 AM
33 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD